Studio 10 (2015-2020)

not this again

18 Likes

Maybe something similar to Fox & Friends. They have Fox & Friends First beforehand with different host.
So maybe ‘Studio 10 First’ hosted by Natasha Belling and maybe 2 other host which could be a rotation of normal host and regulars. Studio 10 First would have a big focus on news, sport and weather and leaving the opinion for the regular show. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Just run an early news bulletin from 8AM to 8.30. No need to extend the show.

4 Likes

Ten Early News used to do 40k and was noticed by no one. Studio 10 Is doing 100k and is a very recognizable brand.

Why would you go back to news?

remember that Ten Early News was airing at 6AM. It’s a completely different timeslot.

1 Like

In the 9-11 timeslot ratings yesterday there was only 9,000 between Today Extra that won and Studio 10 that was third. The Morning Show was 1/2 way.

4 Likes

Why would you run a random news bulletin at 8am?

Who is going to switch over from Sunrise or Today at 8am to watch a straight news bulletin. It will rate less than studio 10 and not deliver any additional viewers to studio 10.

And what is the lead in to the news at 8? Family Fued?

To be competitive they need to be on the Air at 6am with as someone above said “Studio 10 First” - different hosts, more news and weather - but similar format to studio 10

I’m confident the strength of the brand and content that rob produces would lure people away from seven and nine and give Ten a fighting chance in the mornings

2 Likes

To point out, the right hand corner where the circle is and it says “hot topics”, wasn’t that part of the opening headlines on TEN News? If so, that’s a pretty cool throwback, and would be cool to see that return.

Anyway, there is talk over extending the show/ new show before 8:30am. I think leave the Studio 10 brand and either go with “Good Morning Australia”, “Mornings with Sandra” or a News bulletin

8 Likes

Yes, was part of Ten News opener

Also seen this morning

6 Likes

That’s a pretty cool throwback@blackbox well done! That blue and yellow TEN logo was pretty cool too. Also, well done on winning the 9:30-11pm ratings :+1:

2 Likes

Congrats Rob, well deserved, finally being number 1.

Looks cool. Always love these specials.

3 Likes

There are many people who help the homeless, it’s not just a ‘few’. The homeless who gather near Seven in Martin Place and near St Mary’s Cathedral know that every night volunteers are going to come and give them food and other things that they need.

I thank Joe for helping the homeless.

Pickering needs a rest.

Apologies, when I said “few” I meant people in the media.

4 Likes

They need something but not an extension of Studio10

2 Likes

Studio 10 EXTRA

1 Like

Studio 10 Early or Studio 10 Rewind? A sort of “best bits” compilation show, but from much older segments (not from the previous week, like the Saturday show)?

Studio 10 has been on air for a while now, and need a better lead-in than the repeats of Family Feud.

but at the moment, I don’t know what lead-in to put in (and what to put on after Studio 10). I don’t want Ten becoming like Seven and Nine and have 7 hours of continuous rolling coverage of the same thing.

With Ten expecting to make a massive loss this financial year I think we can forget any hope of Studio 10 being extended or a new breakfast program.

Not really. All networks are making massive losses. Even Seven. The way you reverse that is profits - and morning TV is known to be a massive profit centre. Ten just has never found the right format to get the viewers. If they do - it will be a profitable exercise. That just need to get the format and show that will actually cause people “to make the switch” - that’s why I keep suggesting Studio 10 - as clearly it’s the most successful morning format Ten has had in 20 years.

However I don’t think it could transform or be successful in a breakfast related slot. The idea is commendable but if Ten were to think about extending Studio 10 to a breakfast slot, it should incorporate breakfast related gimmicks (like Seven or Nine) and definitely none of the crap that they had with Breakfast and Wake Up! Problem with Panel shows like Studio Ten.

I would prefer it should be a straight through one and a half breakfast panel show discussing the latest news with proper analysis and definitely get different hosts incorporating human stories (like Today does). Then have Studio 10 occupy the 9am slot to 11am. Studio 10 Morning View would focus on the general banters, interviews and conversations and the competitions, and of course the advertisement placements.