Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Because if there’s one thing Ita Buttrose is looking for at age 75, it’s cracking the US market.

18 Likes

5 seconds of screen time is sure to make them international stars.

5 Likes

@blackbox watching back the 500th episode stuff on youtube, how close is the show to its 1000th ep?

1 Like

There were up to 846 as of January 27th according to Wikipedia which would make today’s episode number 854.

The 1000th episode is still over six months away, Friday 1st of August by my quick count (not sure if they skip public holidays?).

1 Like

It is episode 855 today.

4 Likes

There was an extra episode over Christmas, so unless we are off air for a day due to sport or something the 1000th episode will happen on a Thursday.

7 Likes

On Mondays show live on the Aussie set of The Bold & The Beautiful to see Ita and Robbo make their acting debut on the show.

So in theory Thursday August 31st would be Episode 1000.

The team will soon overtake 9am with David & Kim, who churned out 938 total episodes.

2 Likes

This week-

Wednesday -Denise & Ita on the panel together(personally love when they are together always a lot of funny banter between them).

Thursday- The cast of the The Bold & The Beautiful interview in the studio.

Friday-A special 1999 Themed Show.

Carlotta and Denise are in top form this morning so many LOL moments with these ladies.Love them! :joy:

4 Likes

It’s s shame they didn’t book a larger venue like Sydney Town Hall, as Ita suggested. Boy, ‘the little show that could’ is growing!!!

They underestimated the demand. Yes, Studio 10 is definitely growing!

1 Like

Don Diamont (Bill),Heather Tom (Katie), Scott Clifton (Liam), Rena Softer(Quinn),Thorsten Kaye (Ridge) are in the studio to be interviewed.

3 Likes

Congrats Studio 10 and @blackbox! Well deserved too!

19 Likes

Would like to know anyone’s thoughts on Charlie Pickering’s comments about Joe from last night’s The Weekly

Very well done

I found the segment unfunny and the audience laughter over the top which made reassess whether I want to keep watching the show if they’re going to keep doing segments like that.

I found the hypocrisy shown from comments made by Joe in 2017 on homelessness, compared to just two years ago when he did an investigative story on homelessness, to be more of a serious issue that needed to be discussed rather than something that was funny.

We covered this on the show today. I thought the attack on Joe was really unfair considering they took a grab out of context and Joe has done so much for the homeless (including donating his own money). I would bet he has done more for the homelessness plight than everyone at ‘The Weekly’ combined.

https://www.facebook.com/Studio10au/videos/991170904350154/

11 Likes

I hope this can turn the attention of the issue of helping the homeless and less into a media spectacle. It’s up to all involved to turn the attention back to the real issue.

1 Like

Agree. Something that struck me about the story were the statitics showing a comparison between Australia and Britain because this was something I noticed myself.

When I first travelled to London back in the early 90s, I was really shocked by the amount of homeless people everywhere rough sleeping and begging in the middle of the city. Back then, I had probably never seen that in Sydney at all, or the problem was well hidden.

Since then, homelessness became more and more of a problem in Sydney so that today it is the same if not worse than what you saw in London. The surprising thing is that when I went to London two years ago, I straight away noticed the situation had reversed. I hardly saw any homeless people or beggars on the street the whole time I was there.

How did they solve the problems? Particularly at a time when Australia had just come out of an economic boom and Britain was still suffering from the global financial crisis?

Robbo’s comment about an echidna’s vagina was embarrassing and not necessary. Seriously pull that guy’s head in.

1 Like