Studio 10 (2015-2020)

I know this is pedantic, but I’m seeing a few scuff marks on all the white set pieces and it really annoys me.

Jessica Rowe is on the show on Monday.IMG_20190329_102107
Her new book is on sale from Monday.

8 Likes

Studio 10’s ratings seemed down about 10k viewers on recent numbers yesterday, the KAK factor?

Definitely a divisive panel member.

Jess co-hosting or just a guest?

I’d say just a guest to promote her book, they haven’t really dona guest hosting position for a while now since they’ve been using Yvie / Richard to fill in on the panel.

I think they would be crazy not to have Jess guest host. I reckon Mondays panel will be Joe, Sarah, Ang, Denise Scott & Jess.

2 Likes

True, but you could argue Jess (and even Joe to a certain extent) were.

It would certainly be a boring show to watch if everyone on the panel had the same opinion on topics.
Jess’s openness about her mental illness raised so much awareness of the problems facing so many in our community and she continues her charity work in that area.
Jess was one of my favourite panellist because of her honesty and compassion.

6 Likes

I think that was demonstrated once Jess and Ita left. There was no one willing to offer up a different opinion and the show became very stale. I had high hopes when KAK arrived. However, IMO a panel format doesn’t suit her.

It has been very noticible since Ding Dong’s return just how important a bit of lightness and humour is to the show. She is a huge asset to Studio10.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say Jess was divisive though. She just had different opinions (often polar opposite to Ita) which is what you want. Joe on the other hand too often acts like a dick without trying too hard.

He tells a “joke” which people find awful or borderline offensive and he is met with groans or stunned silence. Rather than move on, he will try to explain the joke of attempt it again from a different angle. And of course fails again.

3 Likes

I have to agree with you there Jbar. He’s wasted on this panel and doesn’t offer much of a diverse opinion. I am surprised he has been still given the platform to air his trash jokes or offensive opinions that no one really wants to hear.

Jess was more opiniative and did combat alot with some of the conservative opinions on this show, which was for great viewing. I felt after she left it left a big hole in much more of the debates.

I don’t see Ding Dong being any value to this show whatsoever (yes I don’t like her, I’ll say it) she doesn’t really offer much except her brand of humor which I think isn’t really that funny to be honest. Adding KAK well I don’t she was prepared for this kind of panel show, she hasn’t played well with the others since she started. But given what’s happened with her husband and all, I wonder if we will see her mellow at it a bit over the next couple months or so. I’m willing to see if she can improve on her role.

3 Likes

That’s her biggest problem. There’s no doubt she has terrific interviewing skills and is best when they have a guest over on the couches. On the panel, she doesn’t handle differing opinions well and especially can’t handle criticism of her own opinions at all.

2 Likes

Fair enough you don’t like KAK but you are becoming a broken record about her.

1 Like

Well she has had the same brand of humour her whole career and at age 70 is still working, she must be doing something right in viewers eyes!

2 Likes

We will agree to disagree :stuck_out_tongue:

Well that sounds like a lot of us on this forum! :boxing_glove:

5 Likes

How dare you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fair enough mate nothing wrong with disagreeing. :grin:

Haha indeed it’s all good :slight_smile: it would be a very boring forum otherwise.hehe