Studio 10 (2015-2020)

If they stay in the newsroom then I’m guessing they will rotate everything 90-degrees so that the audience is sitting right in front of the set again (or at least either side of the cameras).

Or maybe some of the audience will sit behind the desk and form part of the backdrop?

1 Like

I hope whatever they do with the new set in the newsroom is that none of the newsroom is exposed. It just doesn’t feel right for a morning show. Hopefully they’ll have something sorted so that the area where reporters and co are sitting are covered up completely, though I wouldn’t mind the foyer of the 10 building be used though.

5 Likes

They should just move the show back into the original studio (although they won’t).
It worked so well in there.

5 Likes

I think they need their own studio. I liked their old one in studio 1 (I believe it’s called). I don’t think it has ever looked good in the newsroom and I don’t think a morning show/entertainment show looks good coming from a newsroom, nor does it suit it. Given what Sarah has said about the audience seating, the new Studio 10 set could look something like this…

10 Likes

Sarah has commented further that they wont be in until Tuesday as “Builders are still drilling and laying new floor!”

9 Likes

The upgrade must be massive. It’s taken a fair bit of time. More than cosmetic changes.

12 Likes

The long awaited upgrade that the newsroom has needed after years of neglect

3 Likes

I still think Studio 10 will launch the set… so Tuesday then!

1 Like

There’s a video online saying it’ll be launched tomorrow at 5pm.

6 Likes

Unless there’s been a delay, I agree we’ll probably see the new set in use on Sydney’s 5pm news tomorrow since news services traditionally launch new branding elements on Mondays.

1 Like

Yeah I imagine 5pm news tomorrow and studio 10 first time Tuesday.

Explains why they settled with using the melbourne desk and didn’t replace it. Cause something bigger and better was on the way…

5 Likes

Looking very forward to it.

Will anybody be recording tomorrow’s 5pm Sydney news in .TS raw format for the vaults?

2 Likes

We’ll see.

Either way, can not wait.

6 Likes

Monday -
Sarah hosting with Yvie Jones, Joe and Angela on the panel.

3 Likes

They’ve definitely found a good co host in Yvie.

11 Likes

The new S10 set is a massive let down

See this

1 Like

Revealed! The new studio will be made of wood, be painted and contain glass!

10 Likes

Agree, love Yvie on there. Such a down to earth and relatable person who adds a little fun to the show.

1 Like

You get all the scoops. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: