Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Not at all. I’d say workplaces are more mindful of mental health than they have ever been. Our workplace supports people who need to take time off when they get stressed.

We had a guy in our office who was under an enormous amount of stress following ongoing health ongoing issues for his wife and mental helth issues for his teenage son. Then his mother-in-law suffered an accident and his mother needed to be hospitalised and had emergency surgery.

He was anxious and it was affecting his memory and his decision making processes. He basically was about to have a breakdown but just needed time off. He was given time off to deal with all those issues and when he came back he was fine and now it’s as if he never had a problem.

2 Likes

I know TV is a tough industry and that’s why I wonder cause its so competitive and they wouldn’t want to be paying someone who isn’t reliable? (in a business sense)

It’s not a case of “isn’t reliable” but they certainly would be wary of hiring somebody who couldn’t cope with the pressure. I’d say they would do their best to accommodate his needs rather than cast him adrift.

It has been my experience that some HR departments and managers will outwardly show support for people suffering mental health issues but privately deride them and label them as time wasters who have a negative impact on performance outcomes.

I’m a aware of management pushing people into using annual leave instead of sick leave to deal with their problems or manage them out of the business completely. They like to get behind causes like Movember but aren’t very accommodating when it comes to actually supporting their people, even if they have been reliable, effective operators in the past.

I’d like to think this is changing in workplaces as people become more aware. Sadly, I’ve seen some people treated horribly during my working life.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of truth in what you say but I have seen them take leaps and bounds in this area in recent years. My workplace has gone through a lot of restructures and redundancies.

When these changes happen at work, we have a counsellor in the office that day and everyone has a chance to talk to them. Our company also provides a help line for these people and anyone else who needs some assistance with any mental health issues. That never happened in the past.

2 Likes

If you’re fairly senior you’ll be okay, if you’re at the bottom of the ladder, you’ll get called unreliable. That’s our industry.

Maybe a topic for the show? I feel like in every job that if you died tomorrow you are replaceable so if said person isn’t mentally fit for the job or seem as weak it’s not a good thing

Friday-
Natarsha Belling hosting with Joe,Angela and Merrick Watts on the panel.
Lachlan Kennedy presenting news updates.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how the news set changes in Pyrmont affects the Studio 10 set tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Surely studio 10 can move back to the main studio rather than the newsroom.

9 Likes

The show is coming from 10 Sydney’s Rooftop in Pyrmont today.

6 Likes

They have been using the rooftop a lot of late for cooking etc.

Obviously, today’s OB is due to renovations and set changes occurring in the newsroom.

8 Likes

Monday -
Sarah hosting with Kerri-Anne, Joe,Richard Reid and Yvie Jones.
Angela Bishop at the Oscars Red Carpet this morning.
Sarah said welcome to our new digs just for today something very exciting is happening downstairs.
Kerri-Anne said the rooftop is the penthouse :joy:

9 Likes

Wow, they must be making massive changes. I can’t wait!!
Hope it is unveiled tonight.

7 Likes

yap Hopefully News is in the newsroom today

Ten’s building really is perfect for TV when they can film basically anywhere in the building, not just a studio.And it always looks good!

13 Likes

Sarah said stay tuned for the big reveal on Studio 10…
Our reno makeover is underway!

9 Likes

Great Panel This Morning. They should bring Yvie and Richard regularly

4 Likes

Yvie brings a kind of “everday australian” perspective to the panel IMO. Something I feel has been missing since Jess left.

Certainly wouldnt be opposed to her being on more regularly.

2 Likes

Studio 10 looking great today outside. Looks much better than the newsroom! They should do it from there every Friday or something.

2 Likes