Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Hugh having fun reading news today.

7 Likes

Some good quips at the start of todays show at the drama of the last few days. KAK during the walk out came out looking around to see if it was safe to come out and then was hiding under the desk at the start. Angela asked “What’s been going on? Did I miss much?” to which Joe responded to her “Never leave that chair again!”. And then when Sarah said they had a big show coming up, KAK said “oh no. Really?”

Good to see them look at the lighter side a bit.

6 Likes

7 Likes

It was great to see Denise Scott this morning talking about DWTS, her self deprecating humour about doing the show :rofl:
Even funnier when the link cut out mid-story… Kerri-Anne said the executives pulled the plug :rofl: it quickly returned to Denise

I think Studio 10 is really missing both Denise’s humour at the moment.

4 Likes

This whole saga still trending on social media with many international outlets still posting the clips today. Good too see the show making international headlines

Personally, I think this saga will do neither Kerri-Anne Kennerly or Yumi Stynes any favours in the long run.

That’s all I’ve got to say for now.

Agree. Within the first half hour today Sarah and Ange were having a heated discussion about drug testing which went on and on. I ended up switching off.

1 Like

See what outrage is now is actually narcissism. The person makes it all about themselves as shown above and tries to make others agree with them.

I don’t think Yumi’s race had anything to do with Rob not booking her but as someone else said her personality, she has a cook book called zero fucks cooking or something, she already show cased herself on The Circle in what to expect and she didn’t even show up that next day because she didn’t feel like it. So perhaps her off screen persona (the real Yumi) was why no one is booking her? Some say that about Em Rusciano too.

It’s quite clear to me now that we can’t make decisions based on personality, we must make them based on race. Because I didn’t particularly want Yumi on the show I am a racist because she is a WOC, even though I simply didn’t think she was right for morning TV.

9 Likes

Interesting article from Joe Hildebrand following yesterday’s show:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/joe-hildebrands-take-on-the-australia-day-date-debate/news-story/1bd2fce2810645eadb263e2c1f37314c

(hope the link works)

amen to this.

I agree.

Disagree totally. I thought she was one of the stars of The Circle and was the injection of lightning that Studio 10 needs right now. Perfect casting.

1 Like

Fair enough. And when you’re running a show you can put her on. I made thousands of decisions a week regarding the content of the show and who was good for it. Our numbers were really good by the end so I feel I made some right choices along the way but that’s not to say I always got it right of course.

EP’s make decisions and we just have to hope the audience like our choices.

10 Likes

Really? She can’t name India? I thought AB was smarter than that. Guess she’s had her head in celebrity land for too long. And the fact she thought the last one was Mexico - ffs. I got them all right!

2 Likes

And Greenland isn’t a country.

Stick to the brainless cooking and cat fights in future guys.

Denmark in Europe and Greenland and the Faroe Islands are effectively equal in the Kingdom of Denmark, with Greenland and the Faroe Islands having self-government. They are countries in their own right, sort of similar (but not) to how Wales and Scotland are called countries. One nation’s definition of a ‘country’ doesn’t necessarily fit another’s definition.

2 Likes

It depends on your definition. Not worth getting into that discussion here except to say that it’s safer to stay away from it in a quiz when you have almost 200 other countries to pick from!

Thursday -

Sarah hosting with Jono Coleman,Angela and Joe on the panel.

2 Likes

I have been watching this show this week and I never do.

Today, they have had a newsbreak with Natasha Belling about 4 times so far and each time the story has been about the fish crisis. On a couple of occasions it has been the only story that has been presented in the newsbreak! There is more news around! They have crossed to Lachlan Kennedy every single time to say the same thing over and over again.

Are resources that low that they can’t even look for other news stories, that they can’t even get vision for a different breaking story?

The only reason that they keep presenting this fish story, while being a story, is because they have a reporter on scene which is probably their only field reporter out at that moment.

If you are only going to show one story in your newsbreak which is just repeating, why have a newsbreak at all?