Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Mark Latham should be asking Hildebrand why he can’t be bothered turning up to work on time.

4 Likes

If they are going to contonue to bump Ange up to host, they really need someone to fill-in for her regularly.

They should have also tried to get KAK to work today instead of Tuesday.

As she has stated she needs to look after her disabled husband, Ten are probably being as accommodating as they can be.

2 Likes

9.06am is hardly late. Now half an hour is late.

36 mins into a 3.5 hour show is a big chunk if you ask me lmao

1 Like

He was over half an hour late…

Monday -
Sarah Harris is back hosting with Kerri-Anne, Peter Berner,Mark Humphries and Angela on the panel.
Sarah was away sick last week because she hurt her back.

1 Like

Peter Berner is filling in all week for Joe who is on holidays.

1 Like

I’ve actually grown to like Peter, he offers some great opinions and perspectives on topics.

3 Likes

Sarah finished early today, probably for her flight to Melbourne. The show closed with that three panel style (used on Friday) of Ange, KAK and Pete.

1 Like

and its interesting cause I feel like with Joe we all have this expectation of when a topic is thrown out there we’re waiting for Joe to explain it to us all and we take his word as gospel. Sarah argues with him more now than she used to but its like the word according to Joe most topics and then they end the conversation.

1 Like

I actually agree, his joe-splaining gets tiresome at times. No doubt he’s obviously very knowledgeable on certain topics, but debate is what makes the show interesting and it feels lacking at the moment sans losing Ita & Jess.

3 Likes

The problem is that the panel all have similar (right wing) views. So it doesn’t end up in a discussion or debate, just panellists rattling off facts from the briefing notes. Whereas, Jess would fiercely debate with Joe, and Ita at times. Today, Sarah tends to do “devil’s advocate” so that there is at least some debate.

As for Joe, I think he has always done this, however, it has been more profound in recent years. When Denise D was asked to offer an opinion she would say “I don’t have one” or " I don’t know what [this] means…" so Joe would explain it. Moreover, without Ita, it is just Joe doing the research into the topics beyond the notes so you notice his Joesplaining more frequently.

I would prefer James Mathieson to fill in for Joe for the reasons mentioned above.

James is good, they should use him more often - especially as a fill in for Joe. I don’t like them on the panel together.

2 Likes

Sarah left at 11.40am

2 Likes

What the hell? What’s the point of going on a show if you have to leave in the middle of it ? Really Sarah your just as bad as Joe rocking up late. Probably with Studio Ten now is you have the hosts treating as some casual retreat . For shame .

Tough I’m saying it it. You can’t censorship people having different objections to certain stuff. If she can’t stay for a full show she then should have rang in and pretended to be sick and then waste everyone’s time and playing musical chairs. It just brings disorganisation and makes the show look cheap.

But the thing is, they want her to do both Studio 10 and The Project. That’s the problem. Studio 10 is way too long.

1. 11.40 is not the middle of the show.
  2. He missed his alarm it happens.
  3. What evidence do you have that it’s being treated as"some casual retreat"?
3 Likes