Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Yuck. White text on coloured background is what is stylish right now. Logos, graphics, everything.

Blue text on white was the hideous mess used by Sunrise in 2016. From what I’ve seen, that is what they’ll be using on the news tonight and you’ll see how washed out and bland everything looks. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

It’s the shade of dark blue that I don’t like, if it has to be a coloured background with white text then I would have preferred orange or teal to match the rest of the branding.

To me, the blue feels like they are trying to cling onto something from the old package rather than letting go and moving on.

(And as a side note, I love white graphics when they are done right!! The previous Sunrise package was predominantly based on white/light grey and they ruined it by mixing in colour.)

1 Like

I already mentioned earlier I thought it should be a lighter shade of blue to match the shade of the teal.

Love it so clean crisp the new background is much better then the horrid city one which was just a mashup of places also love the desk and coupled with soft lighting used it really polishes it off and gives the show a formal yet fun look.

2 Likes

Also good to see Jono towards the end of the show promoting Movember.

4 Likes

What I would do (really quick, sorry they don’t have legs!!!):

• If they are going to continue from the newsroom, maybe they could use a live shot of the courtyard. In the wideshots, the windows above the newsroom would flow down onto this videowall seen.
  • The logo on the desk would be plastic 3D S10 logo, that would sit over the old one. If 10 wanted to use this desk for the news they could swap out the S10 one for 10’s.
  • Not use blue or green on the supers!!
  • Try Sarah in the center for something different.
9 Likes

All the fakeness and acting is really annoying on this show.

Examples?

That desk would be a terrible news desk.

In general, I think the new colour scheme, lighting and desk are an improvement! It also marks a new chapter for the show.

2 Likes

I like this! Except get rid of Kerry Anne :stuck_out_tongue: but if they had another male on they would take that end spot and it would be unbalanced. so swap Joe back next to Ang.

1 Like

Seating is the least of their problems to be honest. But, I put Sarah in the centre as she is the host and moderator (Q&A and The NightCap had their main host in the centre of the desk). The other four I tried to base it off the old team (unfortunately all of the above panelists lean politically right, so difficult to pitch them against each other). I didn’t really want the two oldies and the two youngsters together though or that the left side of the desk would always have different hosts; split it up a bit. When Kerri-Anne was absent, Joe would take the end seat and the 5th panelist would sit second from the left.

Angela hosting again today, Georgia Love filling in.

Edit: It sounds like the show is using a laugh track now, sounds trrrible imo.

1 Like

Surely not. Maybe they just have a more enthusiastic audience today than usual sleepy ones.

It happens on The Project some nights. They had one audience this week that seemed to be way over enthusiastic and laughing a lot louder and longer than usual nights.

I think Denise Scott has really settled in and the studio audience seems to be getting behind her a lot more now which is helping make the show a lot more fun again.

6 Likes

Friday -

2 Likes

I heard it yesterday too and doubted myself, but feel like I heard it again today so I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

Angela mentioned a huge week is planned for the shows 5th birthday next week with a birthday party show on Friday.

5 Likes

Ang mentioned the whole gang will be there next friday for the 5th birthday party. Would be telling if Denise Drysdale isnt there, as even though she is “on a break” she could make a one-off appearance.

Would also be nice to see messages from Jess & Ita but i know thats not gonna happen!

9 Likes

It could even be just a video message or live cross to Ding Dong that would be nice.
Whole gang would include KAK?

1 Like

Would be also interesting if former off-air staff send messages?