Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Loved the candid interaction between KAK and Zac.

1 Like

@markkayne as Sarah said l think we need to turn the lights down and give you some privacy after KAK spoon-fed him some of the cake :joy:

Never a dull moment with KAK around she has really liven up the show with her spontaneous responses she even tried to stand on the desk to show off her outfit this morning.
It is good to have these lighter moments on the show mixed in with the serious discussions.

4 Likes

Peter Berner on the panel this morning also. I would’ve thought with KAK doing Mon/Tues that Denise Scott would naturally just do the remaining days, where possible.

Not doubt Kerri-Anne is a great addition to the team and quite the coup for Ten but it still seems like a fairly messy rotation of presenters at a time where the show desperately needs some consistency.

None of the shows panel photos on-air or off on socials, website have been updated yet to include KAK also.

2 Likes

I think Denise can only do one week on one week off but she’s still on when KAK is on for her week I’m pretty sure?

Agree that’s it extremely messy. I think it would be better if they brought back the 5th panellist permanently and just used KAK in that middle chair every Monday-Tuesday and then got another regular to effectively replace Denise Scott for the other week.

2 Likes

I think Denise just wants to do one week she has said often she is bored being alone in a Sydney hotel room away from family and plus she still does other work gigs etc.

1 Like

Yes, we know. I think you’ve only mentioned it about a million times. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well the ratings suggest the show isn’t working with the current panel so why not revert to what worked well in the past? The 8:30am hour is a dead-set bore these days, especially given the hot topic discussions now lack any real substance without Jess and Ita. Having the 5th would add a whole lot more to the discussion.

2 Likes

Sounds like the difference is the lack of a clash in differing opinions rather than having a 5th panellist. I can see your point about having variety but the problem with five panellists is there is more chance of them talking over each other or not getting a chance to have their say.

I think the show is way too long and is very draining on the co-hosts.

The 2 Days a week is all KAK would commit too for the remainder of 2018, should she wish to continue in 2019 you can expect to see her more regularly.

Wow, I’m so surprised by Cassandra on the show this morning… I wasn’t expecting much tbh but she was fantastic. Engaging with the other panelists and offering views and contributions to discussions. They should have her back for sure!

3 Likes

Hosting from 5:30am? :smiley:

Wednesday -

Gold moment near the end of the show during the game Never Have I Ever…question was snooped through a partner’s phone, Cassandra said l have… too bad l didn’t do it earlier! :smiley:

5 Likes

wow a fun game ruined by sobriety.

1 Like

Thursday -
Peter Berner on the panel again today.
The team visited their old studio where Pointless was being filmed and joined in the game.

3 Likes

Friday -
Jo Casamento and Peter Berner on the panel with Joe and Sarah today.

Lovely to have Jo back on the show.

1 Like

Since I started recording the show (mostly to see how KAK was) I’ve been quite enjoying the hot topics segment (that’s about as far as I get before switching off). I do think they need to stop the daggy walking into set. It’s a bit naff.

The walkout could be kept but utilised to replace the Panel intro.I quite like how Loose Women in the UK used to open…

So something like “Studio 10 is LIVE with Angela Bishop, Joe Hilderbrand, Kerri-Anne Kennerly, Denise Scott & me, Sarah Harris!”

4 Likes

I find the 8.30, 9 and 9.30am hot topics less newsy these days, and often find things that would have been featured after 10am last year, now during the 8.30am debates. Probably one of the main reasons that their first half numbers are woeful.

I agree that it is awkward but I think they should keep the walk on. Just bring the doors back (slot them in between the plasma and the bookshelf panel) and zoom and pan the camera for wideshots and it will look much better.

What’s the obsession with the freaking doors?

They’re not real, you know. They serve no purpose.