Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Loved the KAK welcome, very over the top and Studio 10 style. Could’ve done with a bit more of a rent a crowd out the front but otherwise very enjoyable.

6 Likes

Loved her arrival the red carpet treatment for the Queen of Morning Television :joy:

1 Like

Contributing well to the discussions today. More confident and engaged in conversations than Denise and Denise.

6 Likes

Ray Martin talking about KAK ‘Midday’ years .

6 Likes

Fine … but why does the graphic claim it was a “'Midday Reunion”. They didn’t co-host the show, they hosted at different times.

1 Like

Was thinking the same thing. This was highlighted by the fact that they couldn’t recall having actually ever worked together. I think they mentioned Ray possibly having appeared on Midday after KAK took over but they were fuzzy on the details.

2 Likes

News story from tonight:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure KAK had an afternoon chat show on TEN just before she joined Midday at Nine. Can anyone remember or confirm that? From memory it was quite a good show.

EDIT: and here it is: “Monday To Friday”

1 Like

Did the Tonight Live reunion end up happening on Friday’s show?

Yes, found it on YouTube. The Count wasn’t there, despite Studio 10 still promoting him on Friday morning on social media as appearing.

4 Likes

Pete Ford claimed KAK returned to Ten twice since original GMA to two failed shows. What were they?

Greed which was a short-lived prime time game show and Moment of Truth, which I don’t even remember.

2 Likes

And as mentioned above, Monday To Friday.

Tuesday -

Peter Berner is 5th panellist today.

2 Likes

Moment of Truth had a very short life IIRC. I think it was prime time once a week?? Maybe…

Rob McKnight says Anthony Callea’s management cancelled an appearance on Studio 10 the day before Callea was due to appear, with him subsequently appearing on Nine’s Mornings instead. McKnight then banned Callea from appearing on Studio 10, as you don’t screw with Rob McKnight (extrapolating his words on his podcast). Last year when McKnight was on sick leave Callea did appear on Studio 10.

Full story:

1 Like

That is absolutely not what I said or implied.

Sorry, I was just interpreting this:

While it might surprise many here at media spy, this was not about me, it was about making sure managers and pr people didn’t treat the show as second-rate.

There is more context in the actual podcast but I stand by the decision. If we had allowed this to happen, everyone in the industry would have known they could pull guests at the last minute… and that wouldn’t have been good for the show.

There’s a reason Studio 10 was once a real competitor - we believed in the show.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe that is the case any more.

11 Likes

Adam Boland famously did and encountered this with several special guests. Katy Perry refused to perform until Boland left.

Nothing wrong with this.