Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Sorry, but I haven’t been posting here except for when I receive a notification saying I’ve been mentioned and I respond to it, which I believe I have a right to do… don’t I???

And I’m sorry if the truth doesn’t suit you. Think whatever you like of me, but the facts are the facts and I am happy for it to all play out in court if necessary. I repeat, my only beef is the network thought is was ok not to pay as per my contract. As I’ve stated in my podcast, they have every right not to employ anyone they don’t want to employ, good luck to them, but they have to pay what’s owed.

I’m also happy to back away from the viciousness of media spy… a place that once allowed discussion of issues.

10 Likes

@blackbox I thought I asked a reasonable question.

Sorry, didn’t realise that was for me. I do believe there’s a market for a morning TV show on TEN and Studio 10 has filled that slot well, although I think if the show was to go it would be a long time before TEN re-entered the market.

The focus should be on making Studio 10 work and to do that they need to bring in leaders with a true vision for the show, take the elements that have worked in the past and evolve it into something new.

The biggest problem, though, will be getting back the viewers they’ve lost. The show turned their backs on them by changing everything they loved about the show… you’d have to somehow convince them to come back. It’s not impossible, but it is very hard

11 Likes

I always found the problem with Studio Ten it went on for far too long. They should have started with an hour, and then moved into something house. By hour two I always thought and still do that they have lost a bit of the edge.

I think the little changes that they made after you left Rob didn’t really help the show at all, like the set changes and moving to the news room which made the show looses its intimate feel which had been created since the start.

Rob acknowledged above those changes were made while he was still there… see below.

Rob doesn’t have to do that; anyone with eyes can see the show’s deterioration. I am one of those loyal fans who can’t bring myself to watch more than 30 minutes these days ( admittedly, the show is much better than what it was at the start of the year). I miss the simplistic things- the magnitude of the studio audience, the opening doors, the quirky theme song, Ask Ita and What Grinds My Gears, Jono’s monologues, the overall spirit.

let me guess you dont like change??? i was a loyal fan but saw the show go down hill fast sadly so i haven’t watch it for a while but i decided to re tune back in on Monday as im sick of the morning show and to my surprise i am enjoying the news presenters and the new format , cant wait till Kerri Anne comes on Monday

Me too, sounds like a big show is planned for Kerri-Anne’s first day on Monday, Ray Martin will also be on the show for her first day.

1 Like

Any reports of a set tweak while they play in Melbourne?

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. Wonder if there is anything planned for Studio 10 to coincide with the Network-wide relaunch… :thinking:

1 Like

Starting at 5:30am, going through until 4:00pm. :smiley:

4 Likes

Geoffrey and his piano?

3 Likes
1 Like

Hughesy and Judith Lucy look so much alike :joy:

9 Likes

7 Likes

Could they do what the Project does and have a co-production of a Sydney and Melbourne set with a different team or fly presenters up and down different days? They seem to have better access to guests and a proper studio in Melbourne but I doubt Sarah and Joe would move from Sydney.

2 Likes

KAK has failed to show up!!! The search is on.

10 Likes

Building up the arrival of KAK :joy:

Good to see the team mocking that New Idea article…
Some lovely shots of Sarah from Who magazine.

5 Likes

I almost can’t make out that those pics are of Sarah, for a moment I thought it might’ve been KAK.

15 Likes