Studio 10 (2015-2020)

It baffles me that Ten fought so hard to keep Drysdale when she seems to have been at the centre of so much of the controversy surrounding the show. I don’t watch the show often but she seemed to be an odd fit for the format from the start.

I would’ve thought it was in Ita’s character to insist on a low key, dignified departure from Studio 10. I see no evidence that Ten has disrespected her. I can see that the ongoing jokes about sprout gate would be upsetting for someone of her class and stature.

3 Likes

And she said so, on the day.

1 Like

Far out…brussel sprout! :joy:

Did the show end early in Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane today? I thought I heard Sarah signing off for them about 10am…

Edit: I’m right. Sarah said welcome back to Adelaide and Perth at 10.04

What was on in the eastern states after 10:00am then? The caps from Salty indicate Studio 10 was.

@littlegezzybear
It was all a mess.
9.55am : Sarah signed off for sydney, melbourne & brisbane
10am: Sarah welcomes back Adelaide & Perth to an "Extended Studio 10 on the leadership spill
11am: Sarah signs off with “See you tomorrow”
11.05 Show returns with showbiz file.
Show finishes at 12pm. IIRC We never saw the promised Jimmy Barnes interview.

I’m really unsure what happened. I’m assuming that the 10am hour was live (post 12pm in eastern states?) and then at 11 we went back to the 10am hour but still missed an hour by finishing at 12pm…

oh my lord…

4 Likes

Good podcast

1 Like

I just listened to it. He’s not at all happy with everyone at Studio 10, on-air and off, even though he says he loves the hosts.

1 Like

Understandable following his demise from the show, but needs to move on to stay healthy.

Judging by the podcast to me he has made it obvious who he likes and dislikes.

It was like that for Perth as they couldnt stay live as it’ll be too late in the day for sydney to change sets etc.

I agree. Fine to have his opinions but broadcasting to the public multiple times? It just come across as bitter and he really just needs to deal with everything off camera. It’s both an unhealthy thing for his image, health and also for all involved in the show.

5 Likes

That is exactly what Ita said on the day of her departure, she wanted to keep it low key.
McKnight seriously needs to build a bridge.

2 Likes

But the interesting thing about it is he has nothing to lose. If we keep covering up what an industry is really like we are protecting it from changing for the positive. We all know its the most nepotistic industry in front and behind the camera but people just brush that off.

1 Like

But don’t you think it’s best to move on and concentrate on something bigger and better than harp on about something that is in the past?

3 Likes

Well it’s not just Studio 10 its TV in general. He’s been at channel 7, 9 and 10 and has plenty of stories to tell. It’s definitely a niche market for a podcast for the die hard’s in here or people vaguely interested in what goes on behind the scenes in TV. Not sure what Molk’s qualifications are?

1 Like

Quote of the century.

1 Like

You realise the podcast is a look back at the week in television, that’s what we did and I responded to a story. In many ways I have moved on with a great job but it’s hard to fully move on when contractural obligations haven’t been met.

It’s a podcast that people can choose to listen to… or not. If you don’t like my views on the industry, then don’t listen. Pretty simple really.

6 Likes

I do hope so, for your sake and wellbeing.

2 Likes

I’ve really warmed to Denise now she’s finding her place on the show a little more, I think her appearances on HYBPA? have helped also.

5 Likes