Studio 10 (2015-2020)

I suspected as much. She won’t be back.

Today’s guest host Peter Phelps has left at 10:12am. Why have him in a guest role if he can’t commit until 12pm??

Mixing it up again he came out with the team at the start of the show,usually the guest host is later.

The guest needs to be there from 8:30am-12pm. The show feels so slow and there’s no humour or energy from the hosts at all these days and it comes across on screen.

3 Likes

Take an hour off the show already then, it’s obviously too long. Which rates the worse? The first hour or last hour? Chop it off.

I think they need more of the random shows to break up the tediousness of the day to day - the 2000’s show was a good example of what makes Studio 10 more fun than the other networks - and allows the presenters a chance to let their hair down.
Other than the 2000’s show I haven’t seen an random outside show, “happy happy game fun” day, spin the wheel show - anything like that for ages! They need to get back to the fun, which is what they did best.

Make it an hour only!

Perhaps he was injured by a stray brussel sprout?

1 Like

They’ve just lost the spark of the anything-can-happen like in the early days. My theory is that wacky stunts and ongoing segments are what can really help the show and here are some clips that prove it.

The first one takes a fun segment - eating the hottest burger - and takes it to the next level of stupidity by having people eating it on a rollercoaster. Robbo is great at that stuff and we need more from him. In hindsight they should have really got Sam Mac on board for this sort of thing as well when Wake Up bombed.

And that’s actually me “helping” Jess cook a dishwasher lasagne in the 2nd video - pardon the self indulgence. But the point of that is to show how ongoing challenges - that are revealed or regularly crossed to throughout the show - can really be quite engaging and a lot of fun.

They need to cut back the Daily Dilemma, certain political hot topics and the sensationalist hard news. I firmly believe the viewers really don’t want that in the morning.

1 Like

It should be 9am to 11.00am. That’s long enough. Or stretch it to 11.30am and have a news bulletin at 11.30am, like the old days.

2 Likes

Has changed his tune after speaking directly to Denise

2 Likes

Is she possibly doing more Neighbours? Apparently the producers were really happy with her recent guest spot.

Did they want her for an extended period but can’t reveal it because it’s a spoiler for storylines? If this is the case, it would be impossible to do Studio 10 too.

One thing out of the discussion today, Denise said that she spoke to Lucy and Sarah said our executive producer. So looks like Lucy De Luca is the EP that replaced rob.

1 Like

It seems Peter Ford is out to destroy this show. He has over the years had certain stalking horses and endlessly gossips about them and is often incorrect. I am not sure how he has sustained a career for this long.He has been sacked from so many organisations too endless to name.

3 Likes

Lucy’s previous role was Supervising Producer, so could just be an interim thing and she’s acting in that position until someone else is recruited for the job. Either that or they didn’t do any announcements about the role to keep it low key with the messy and ongoing nature of Rob’s sacking.

2 Likes

He does seem to overly react anytime Chrissie Swan gets a headline.

1 Like

What a fucking surprise! He is wrong yet again! Tool!

Rob McKnight on his podcast last night:

7 Likes

Tuesday -

3 Likes

He has some good points…

1 Like