Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Looks like tomorrow’s episode will be a repeat of the 1988 themed episode.

Thanks @Seriously.
I said this last year but l bloody wish these extra viewers the show attracts over summer would make the switch permanently next year when the opposition shows return to air!

1 Like

They are… slowly. Our figures continue to rise but it all takes time. We’re breaking viewing habits and relying on people to switch over to us from the breakfast shows. It’s a lot easier when you have a 300,000 lead-in.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the graphics refresh and great to hear that the supers are being moved down.

I know as a collective we make a lot of comments about this show but it’s mainly constructive criticism, I think as a whole the general consensus is that the dynamic and content of the show works well.

Looking forward to seeing more of Tarsh especially & Denise will be a hit with viewers also. Would love to see Sarah make an appearance one day with her new baby when/if she’s ready. I don’t mind the fact they’ll all be included in the intro either, I love the new header image on Facebook.

Would still love to see Studio 10 visit Qld at some point too, either an OB or something from the Brisbane studio. Congrats on the bumper ratings the other day too, so well deserved!

2 Likes

@blackbox Yes it takes time totally understand and of course you point about opposition having a excellent lead in is a very valid point.
Anyway Rob looking forward to watching another year of the show and thanks for bringing Denise Drysdale into the team she will bring so much joy to viewers.She is a TV Legend who is loved by so many people because she is funny & honest.And Tarsh is a perfect Fill-in for Sarah,she works so well along side Joe,Jess and Ita

A great line-up of hosts to kick off 2016.

1 Like

I think Denise is a great addition to the show. Would love to do more from QLD but it’s a bigger cost as Melbourne already has the infrastructure (when we are in Melbourne the show is actually switched in Sydney from our normal control room – it’s amazing how it’s all done).

2 Likes

Cheers. Denise is very excited about the show… actually called me today to go over a few things. She has lots of ideas and is up for anything… I absolutely love that. I really feel we have a great team and great fill-ins too.

1 Like

@blackbox That’s Ding Dong with her previous experience in Morning telly she knows what viewers like and she will do anything for a laugh.A real trooper with over 50 years in showbiz and she will be still going strong in 2016 with your show.

Agreed you have always best line-up of Fill-in hosts and guest hosts.l have always loved since day one the guest hosts you bring in sometimes people who haven’t been on TV for a while,prime example the divine Carlotta.So many of these people still have a lot to offer and your program gives them the opportunity to re-connect with the viewers.
Keep up the good work Rob :+1:

2 Likes

In my opinion, one of the best aspects of the show is it doesn’t skip a beat when there are fill-ins. Tarsh has been fabulous and hopefully, after Sarah’s return, Ten will have more for Tarsh to do than just weekend news. Sandra Sully also does an excellent job when she fills in.

Denise really adds a spark. Ita and her really are polar opposites so it makes for a nice mix throughout the week.

3 Likes

hey Rob, all obstacles are challenges that haven’t been solved yet. I’m sure there’s a way to beam ‘live from Brisbane’ even with half the show ;).

1 Like

We’ve had a couple of episodes with Sarah on location in Brisbane and Currumbin. Keen to do something much bigger though.

1 Like

Great to hear it’s in your radar at some point, we really enjoyed hosting Robbo & crew at Tangalooma last year… maybe there’s another prospect there for an OB with all/some of the hosts in the future :wink:

May I suggest next time you’re broadcasting in Melbourne to invite Gorgi Coghlan onto the panel? She was really popular with Circle viewers previously and on The Project now, not to mention she is such a great journalist and presenter.

2 Likes

Brisbane is really only geared for post production with the kids shows, so live events would need to be outsourced. That makes the key production costs as I’m sure Rob is well aware.

Sarah was also in Brisbane sub-hosting last year from Emergency Headquarters when a former Tropical Cyclone barrelled towards Brisbane (was it Marcia…?) she does them so effortlessly and Robbo is great value too (former Scope and Toasted TV presenter / producer.)

Robbo got his start on sunrise first.

Just realised that later this month Studio 10 will have aired more episodes than The Circle (it happens the day after Australia Day I believe).

4 Likes

Great achievement, congratulations to everyone involved.

1 Like

Fantastic achievement - great work to all the team.

3 Likes

Well done Studio 10! The Circle was a great show in theory and had some great ideas just need several mistakes fixed. Now lets go for beating 9am and then GMA :slight_smile: All the best for another fabulous year.

1 Like

@nationalnews l was on the biggest fans of ‘The Circle’ on the old forum and l can admit it did have a few flaws.
Studio 10 has the best line-up of hosts and the focus on daily news in hot topics plus any breaking news of the day, and the banter between the team are some of reasons it shines.

I’m currently overseas and have arranged to have every episode of this show recorded for me,but if someone could please post caps of opening titles of first show of the year it would be greatly appreciated guys.

Just noticed Rob was asked on twitter about Tarsh being a permanent member
Rob’s reply was ’ Tarsh is filling in Sarah but won’t be on every day '.
Maybe Tarsh will continue with regular weekend duties on national bulletin and work 3 days on Studio10.l hope Jess Rowe is given a chance to host when Tarsh is not on.

1 Like

Would be nice, but I doubt it. Rob has indicated before that he prefers to keep the hosts in their current roles than switching them around. I think it will be Sandra Sully who presents as she has filled in before.

1 Like