Studio 10 (2015-2020)

1 Like

I am well aware that they have had one guest on the panel, that is fine. But that was 1/5 of the team. Having half of the panel of guests, made for uneasy watching, for me.

If they want Tarsh to still do the weekend news, I would have her and Ita share the seat next to Sarah, so that it is constantly Sarah, Ita/Tarsh and Joe. Then fill Jessā€™ seat with the rotating guests (and they should be not always the same old person either).

Much better to watch already this morning.

1 Like

Agree much better panel today must admit didnā€™t watch much of yesterdayā€™s episode, for me lately it just depends who is on the panel and if l like or dislike the person whether l watch the whole episode on the day.

1 Like

We get it, you donā€™t like her. Move on.

7 Likes

Wednesday -

Tarsh, Joe, Ita and Lisa Hensley

1 Like

Lisa Hensley is a blast from the past. She was huge back in the late 90s thanks to Brides of Christ and then practically disappeared along with Josephine Byrnes.

She had s starring role in Law of the Land but hasnā€™t done much television since then. She mainly works in theatre these days.

Thursday -

Tarsh, Joe, Angela Bishop and Georgia Love.

Great panel with Georgia and Angela having both been in the host chair in the past.
This year for me Angela Bishop has been the standout addition to the panel, she is knowledgeable and has proven she a lot more than just an entertainment reporter.She is a very versatile presenter.

2 Likes

Agree. Always enjoy it when sheā€™s on the desk.

Tarsh was saying that she will miss being on the show when Sarah returns next week, so I guess she is not going to replace Jess.

4 Likes

As much as I like Tarsh, I believe she would flounder as a panelist. She is a fence sitter which is necessary when in the hostā€™s chair but boring when contributing to discussions. Jessā€™ replacement, if there is one, needs to be someone who isnā€™t afraid to ruffle a few feathers.

6 Likes

I like the fact that Tarsh is willing to be a dag and have some fun, even at her own expense. Like her attempt at dancing today. She makes Elaine Benes look talented.

5 Likes

If they crack open a bottle of champagne to bid her farewell, I hope they donā€™t aim the bottle towards her.

Iā€™m not sure they are going to be able to find that person. The ones I remember who have been able to argue a different opinion are Richard Stubbs, James Matheson, Peter Berner and maybe Mikey Robbins. I canā€™t think of anyone else who hasnā€™t been a fencesitter or in total agreeance with Ita, Joe etc.

Now the only conflict on the panel will be generational with Ita, Denise and Carlotta telling us terrible gen X, Y, Z are. Because you canā€™t find that anywhere else in the mediaā€¦oh wait.

1 Like

Another male alongside Joe would give the show a better balance. As @TVHead said putting Jono in full time wouldnā€™t be the worst idea.

The majority of the audience is female and they would prefer the show to be mostly female. There are heaps of other shows which are male dominated or 50/50. Studio 10 should stay as it is.

2 Likes

I think a 50/50 gender split would allow a much better debate and discussion. I donā€™t subscribe to the theory that people just want women in the mornings - they just want entertaining content.

The other shows are 50/50. This one can be different.

Yeah more males to talk over the women lol but seriously maybe a male could stop Joe from jumping in with his expert opinion who gets so passionate about what heā€™s saying he raises his voice and forgets to breathe and wonā€™t stop till he gets his point across and everyone agrees with it. Maybe Walleed could join?

1 Like

And for the next three months McKenney is on tour with Nancye Hayes.