Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Angela did a great job driving the show today.

1 Like

thatā€™s what they did on The Circle and ratings tanked

1 Like

I hope they do appoint someone, but given the general Channel Ten strategy of late I doubt they will. The ratings for Studio 10 have already been in freefall in the last 9-12 months for the following reasons:

1. Extending to 12pm leaves the show feeling sluggish
  2. The new studio area is terrible and very one-dimensional
  3. A lack of comedy or fun (largely due to less Denise and now Jono)

The ā€œanything can happenā€ feel of the early days is sorely lacking, and even the studio audience sounds and looks bored these days.

9 Likes

Is tomorrowā€™s show pre-recorded?

They are always live on Good Friday.

They canā€™t be arsed to provide state news bulletins but can power up the studio with a full crew on Good Friday for an advertorial driven morning show. Tenā€™s priorities are seriously Fā€™d up.

11 Likes

If they are replacing with a permanent host, they will not do it tomorrow, they will farewell Jess, then build some suspense for an announcement.

Sorry mate but I think you need to check your facts on this. Ratings have not been down for 9 - 12 months. The ratings slide is a new development

5 Likes

oh for fucks sake. itā€™s always been that way dudeā€¦ the ratings prove that itā€™s not as serious an issue as you make it.

ever since you left.

1 Like

@Lexington Any word on Jessā€™ replacement?

not yet

1 Like

Thatā€™s the attitude that got Ten to where they are today. Number four! It has become an achievement for Ten to stay ahead of SBS these days.

2 Likes

Are you sure? I seem to recall a lot more 100k peak episodes in 2016 than in 2017. Maybe the averages over a period of time may have been similar though.

And although Studio 10 may outrate what it replaced in the 11am hour the damage to the overall format is not worth any minute to minute gains.

1 Like

no. that ā€˜attitudeā€™ has been around since at least the 2000ā€™s if not earlier.

Iā€™m not saying I agree with it, Iā€™m saying that itā€™s not the deal youā€™re making it.

As someone who looked at Studio 10ā€™s ratings every day for 4.5 years, yes Iā€™m sure.

2017 saw a significant rise on 2016 figures (Iā€™d be very interested to see any data you have that contradicts this). Studio 10 experienced year-on-year growth ever since launchā€¦ until 2018 (where not only is it significantly down year-on-year but lower than 2016).

Even when the show moved out into the newsroom, ratings were still higher than 2016.

The slump they are in now is nothing to do with the extra hour or the newsroom - it is to do with content.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Bunny Denise :joy:

Angela Bishop hosting again this morning, Tarsh is sick but Ange said she might pop in later in the show to say goodbye to Jess.

Joining Ange on the panel are Denise and Joe for Jessā€™s final episode.
Jess was very emotional walking out its going to be a very emotional episode to watch today.

6 Likes

Nothing against Ang, but Its a pity Sarah who is coming in to say farewell couldnt host today. Would have been fitting IMO. And yes, I know she is on Maternity Leave.

2 Likes

Went to first commercial break with farewell message for Jess from Sandra Sully,messages continuing throughout the show.

Ange mentioned Denise and Jess podcast went to number 1 on the Apple podcast chart! :joy:

Going to miss Jess and Joe disagreeing :joy:

Next Week -
Monday - Deniseā€™s interview with Molly Meldrum

3 Likes