Studio 10 (2015-2020)

These are options that they could go with or just axe this show because frankly its nothing more than a 3 and a half hour infomercial

1 Like

Don’t be ridiculous. That is exactly what is paying for the show to keep running. If there were no advertorials there would be no show.

2 Likes

Exactly my point… its filled out with advertorials… given the amount they show, its lucky to be 90 minutes of content and 2 hours of advertorials…

To make money, you need to spend money, so if they aren’t willing to invest in their asset to improve it, then they have no chance of improving the network performance… Yes there are other areas they need to improve first… but what I am suggesting would have shared resources, and with cutting back panellists on the original show to 3 and maybe a guest panellist.

I agree with the quote from @Mischievous1 about some days the fifth panellist isn’t necessary and if the show was cut down to 2 hours, then even a fourth may not be necessary some days.

Ultimately, a news based themed show has been suggested whether in a section of the show or a separate edition of news by other members of this group, which I don’t think is a unreasonable thought. You obviously wouldn’t use all of the suggestions I have made, I have just suggested some ideas and at the end of the day, who would actually sit and watch all 3 and a half hours of a show, Even breakfast television back when GMA and Today screened for 2 hours, I think many struggled to sit and watch the whole show.

You expressed your opinion and personally I disagree with it as I feel you need to invest in yourself to improve your results. Sections of the schedule have been neglected for a long time, and whether the extra hour for Studio 10 was needed or not is open to debate, but I think if it is just filled with advertorials, why dont they return The Talk to 11am and screen a repeat of The Project at 6am, then maybe they can sell some more time to infomercial companies after midnight

If something isn’t done with the whole schedule as whole, then even with CBS ownership, the network may fade into obscurity.

Ita shut down Joe for ‘mansplaining’ that a “person of interest” in a crime case is the same as a “suspect” (around 80 minutes into today’s show). He looked legitimately annoyed that she reacted in that way. As far as I could tell, Joe was explaining it to the viewers who might not have known. Ita gets so uppity sometimes.

1 Like

so there still acting all childish i see morning show for the win! :smiley:

You’re entitled to your opinion but having followed what has been happening to the show and Ten’s schedule, I think I might have a bit of insight as to why these decisions are made.

The reason The Talk was taken out of the schedule was that it was performing badly at 11am. We were told that extending Studio 10 into that slot boosted ratings considerably. There has been a BIG difference.

The advertorials are what are paying for this show to stay on air. Move them to “after midnight” and Studio 10 won’t exist. Same goes for The Morning Show and Today Extra. That’s why they take up so much time on these shows.

The Project is repeated late at night now, which is closer to the time when the news is still news. It probably isn’t necessary to have a third screening at 6am.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the companies who pay for the advertorials know that more people are watching TV during the 9am to 12pm timeslot than the early hours of the morning.

With no Morning News bulletin on Ten, Having Studio 10 on air until 12pm is fine IMO. Maybe the 8.30am start time for Studio 10 is a little odd, although probably no worse than Sunrise & Today which are on air for 3.5 hours every weekday from 5.30am.

2 Likes

I’d probably say that The Morning Show and Today Extra have very similar formats. But Studio 10? For a start they have a panel of 4-5 presenters each day, compared to the Kylie/Larry and Sonia/David presenter parings of the competing programs.

The comedy is seriously lacking at the moment. That’s what we were doing a lot more of back in 2016 when Denise first joined the show. There was more games, silly stunts and more importantly, it was punchy and well-paced.

Moving to the newsroom and adding the extra hour was completely the wrong move. It’s all too serious behind the desk and they’ve added nothing very exciting other than a daily cooking segment and more hot topics so it just drags on.

8 Likes

Time to spin the wheel! I don’t imagine they’d pull that kind of fun stunt again.

This is by far the most annoying thread on the board. Let’s move on.

14 Likes

Final word that it think sums it up, From the Inner circle fb group (where nobody is liking any of the changes, and they are the loyal audience). This quote stands out:

“we want to be supportive, but the Llittle Show That Could has had too many changes! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it !!”

10 Likes

Good to see Ita has been kept in the second seat from the left. Makes a little more sense now.

1 Like

Anjali Rao filling in for Tarsh and Vince Sorrenti filling in for Jess today.

2 Likes

It’s a revolving door of presenters lately. Apart from Joe, Ita seems to be on the most even though she cut down her role on the show to spend more time with her grandkids. They even changed her “ask Ita” jingle too. It’s all very odd, like a new producer is just changing everything Rob worked on.

5 Likes

Me thinks the new EP & Rob didnt get on, so they are scapping basically everything he did :frowning: which is ruining the show.

4 Likes

I can’t stand the Ask Ita “sting”, and the random music upon walking in lacks something

1 Like

The new Ask ita is rubbish. All it is is a graphic with a snippet of the Ita song :frowning: And yeah the walk in is terrible (Although apparently thats gone soon too)

What a mess. Rob had the right idea for the show.

3 Likes

Who is the new EP?

Is Jono on holidays, or is he no longer a live presence? All I seem to see are prerecorded adverorials starting with “hello there”

2 Likes