Studio 10 (2015-2020)

This is getting ridiculous :man_facepalming:t2:

To me it sounds like budget cuts. Giving Denise only 1 week a month, moving the set in favour of Family Feud, now getting rid of the 5th panelist? Maybe CBS donā€™t see this show as a priority? Which is a shame cause we canā€™t let Sarah Harris go to waste. Perhaps she could get on the Project desk more if its moved to Sydney for Lisa?

3 Likes

The changes to set and family feud were put in place before cbs under that wretched blue horizon plan. Shouldā€™ve been shelved but clearly the wheels were already in motion.

1 Like

I think most of us here donā€™t like the rubbish Peter Ford comes out with daily. Unfortunately he is getting paid it is his job and he milks every story for as long as possible.
This whole sproutgate rubbish has gotten completely out of hand and unfortunately isnā€™t going to stop with some quarters of the media lapping it up and turning it into something that it really isnā€™t. Itā€™s typical of our media nowadays.

3 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but isnā€™t Ford simply quoting what a magazine has printed?

Iā€™m not sure why we would ban mentions of him based on that - or at all really.

Heā€™s a key player in the Australian media reporting industry - whether those reports are accurate or not.

8 Likes

He failed to mention which magazine he was quoting from.

Ford has an extremely low accuracy rate. The only time I believe what heā€™s saying is when other sources are corroborating what heā€™s saying. Yet this forum and specifically this thread seems to at times descend into hysterics and baseless conjecture based off his tweets.

1 Like

I think a lot of sh!t has been loaded onto Ford when he did predict a few things a while back.

This forum has baseless conjecture from us members daily!
Excluding you @pelican obviously.

3 Likes

Oh Iā€™m more than happy to speculate on a relaunch based off a small font change, but it feels like this thread has descended into OK Magazine levels of inane speculation about vegetables, something Ford is more than happy to feed to further his own career.

Fordā€™s career is fuelled by the same thing as any tabloid gossip magazine: consistent invention of facts and exaggeration. The less attention paid, the better.

4 Likes

Well l think we both have given Ford too much attention in this thread today. :wink:

2 Likes

It is a shame that there wonā€™t be a special guest every day, but with Deniseā€™s new roster one less new person on the desk is probably better.

I would, though, move Jess to the far right of the desk, and have her current seat the rotating panellist.

From ā€œStudio 10 - Inner Circleā€ on Facebook today:

6 Likes

Good decision I believe. Often the fifth panelist offers very little to discussions and, on occasion, stifles the flow.

I hope the decision to cut back to one week a month was Deniseā€™s and not producers. Sheā€™s the best thing the show has going for it.

2 Likes

We know it was. She was planning on quitting and they found away to keep her.

As Julie Goodwin co-hosts breakfast on Star 104.5 on weekdays, how is she going to fill in for Jess given the travel time between Gosford and Sydney?

Sheā€™ll probably do the radio show from Sydney like all the other radio co-hosts do on all the other radio stations.

6 Likes

It helps that Nova and Smooth are also in Pyrmont - would be a short walk Iā€™d imagine

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t CBS supposed to be throwing money at everything and not cutting back? :thinking: :spoon:

2 Likes

If I were in the position CBS are in, I would be tempted to try a new locally produced vehicle for the midday timeslot (either an hour show or 90 minute show) and possibly cut Studio 10 back to 2 hours (if it still started at 8:30am followed by a news bulletin at 10:30am) ā€¦ I would be inclined to try and recruit either Ray Martin (to attract older viewers) or Matt White and team the male host up with possibly Jessica Rowe to produce a light entertainment show with news related issues inserted. Unfortunately, these days advertorials help to pay for these programs - so viewers may see Jono appearing with someone like James Sheenyā€¦ Yes I would use Jono on both programs to introduce these advertorials - and its cheaper to produce as you donā€™t keep re-shooting scenes.

If a new show were introduced at midday, I would bring Dr Phil forward to 11am

Thereā€™s not enough money generated from advertising to start up all these daytime shows you keep suggesting.

3 Likes