Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Or “Books and Authors” from 1956 on Seven. :wink:

3 Likes

So not really ripping off anyone if it’s all been done before right?

Obviously sponsored by Dymocks given the logo featuring on the RHS screen, not the first time they have done segments like this before either - now it just seems it will be more of a regular thing.

Another thing from those grainy screen grabs is that the blue carpet is already starting to look worn underneath where the desk usually is - looks awful in the second last picture.

Exactly.

I like the use of the couches for this segment.

2 Likes

Here you go. Another anonymous report. Sorry about the source but the story hasn’t appeared yet on ABC’s News site.

1 Like

Its known Ask Ita is pre recorded. But that is just Ita presenting. The claim that its outrageous that they do that and not tape Grind my gears is pathetic, As Gears relies on the panel interaction with the viewer comments. Just Denise reading them out wouldnt work.

2 Likes

They’re just grasping at straws to find more to the story. Ita did a radio interview yesterday saying there is no feud but they persist.

3 Likes

In hindsight I regret calling up to Kate, Tim and Marty because it was meant to be a light-hearted comment rather than throw more mud. I was only at Studio 10 for all of a few brief couple of months so I’m hardly a reliable source (not that the Daily Mail really care about that at all!)

From my time with Studio 10 I honestly found Ita and Denise to both be absolute professionals. Ita is incredibly down-to-earth and generous with her time, and I owe her a lot of thanks for supporting me in my role. In fact she even sent an email to Rob McKnight while I was an intern to recommend me for a permanent position. And Denise’s wicked sense of humour carries on and off camera.

Any preferential treatment Ita supposedly gets is deserved IMO given she’s been with the show longer. And the decision for Ask Ita to appear as a daily prerecorded segment was made before What Grind Your Gears was even thought of as an idea so the link is tenuous at best. Besides Denise has had Ding Dong Does Dinners shown as a pre-record as well.

Ita and Denise may not be best mates, but calling it a feud is a bit ridiculous. Like in all workplaces there are people you get on well with and others less so - doesn’t mean you hate each other!

10 Likes

End of story.

1 Like

And Denise has done heaps of prerecorded stuff on her trips too.

2 Likes

Hysterical. https://twitter.com/studio10au/status/961433286449840128
:innocent:

1 Like

I just feel like one takes their job on being on TV more seriously than the other. It’s like Karl & Georgie, one of them described it as “theatre” and everyone on TV is a heightened version of themselves or it would be too boring.

Is this the beginning of the end for this show? I’d like to tbing not. What a shame if it ended.

Struggling to watch it since they moved to the newsroom. Looks messy. But it’s not only that, the show has just kinda lost its vibe and it’s gone downhill.

4 Likes

I really do not understand the seating arrangement. So Ita only sits on the left side of the desk when all 5 of them are on? It is almost like the producers want to ignite these rumours.

I think Sunrise or The Morning Show did this, about 10 years so nothing new.

BTW, they should use the sofas more often, it looks good.

1 Like

The show looks terrible from the newsroom. Time to give it a rest.

1 Like

The show looks more colourful and vibrant from the newsroom! Does it really impact your viewing that much coming from a different studio?? Give your complaining a rest :+1:

4 Likes

Richard Reid presenting the Showbiz File today.

1 Like

Does anyone have the list of guests next week?

Hasn’t been posted yet

Good use of the staircase next to the set I guess.

1 Like