Studio 10 (2015-2020)

You’re trying to solve problems where they don’t exist. Neighbours has aired in the morning until recently. It had more or less the same rating it has now in the afternoon. If anything, the Neighbours encore should be at 4pm followed by The Bold and the Beautiful. Both shows would benefit by being matched up.

Here’s an idea: If the running time of Studio 10 really needs to be shortened, why not go with 9am to midday? Ending the show at 11.30am would only make sense if Ten had a Morning News bulletin on afterwards.

1 Like

That’s what Ten’s morning show always was about and always should be.

2 Likes

I think you are misreading what I am saying… If the management thought that the block between 8:30am and midday (or 8am and midday) was an issue, and they wanted to break the show up into 2 shows, the options they could look at… They might even rename the last hour (or half) hour as Inside Edition and maybe have it presented by Angela Bishop (and possibly a revolving roster from Studio 10 on co-hosting duties)…

In my opinion 3 and half hours of anything without a break is too long… Other shows/events that drag out are actually Channel 9 examples - Today show and the first session of the One Day International cricket matches… (3 and half hours and 4 and half hours respectively) and even Sunrise on Channel 7 is too long - although I doubt anyone sits through the entire show with Today and Sunrise.

I reiterate that I gave examples as how they could deal with any possible problems there are with the show… The most annoying thing for me is if they repeat something from earlier or from another day (especially weekend editions of all of those “morning style shows”- Today Extra, The Morning Show and Studio 10.

Wow 34 new posts, I thought something significant had happened.

Disappointing

19 Likes

If the stories about Ita and Denise are true, then I am very disappointed. Especially if the story about Ita not willing to share her dressing room with Denise is true. That would be so petty.

I’m disappointed that Denise will only be on one week a month, as she was the one who helped the show achieve it’s moderately good ratings. Five days out of 20 does not make her a regular panellist.

I much prefer it when Denise is on. Some of the show’s best moments have been those with Denise.

I share Travis’ concerns that much of what made the show unique is fading away. Having said that, I am a big fan of the change to the newsroom.

I hope they sort their problems out. Cracks are appearing.

2 Likes

I don’t think Denise cutting back her appearances is anything new though. She was hinting at it late last year and there was even talk that she would retire.

They have probably done well to convince her to stay on even if there are less appearances this year.

1 Like

If say someone jokingly calls Seven executive Ben Roberts-Smith a boofhead it will probably be axed.

A show should and must change, absolutely. Otherwise it will go stale. (I still miss Hey Hey - there’s never anything good on telly on Saturday nights). But there are some basic things that make a show what it is, and those shouldn’t change, otherwise the show won’t be the same show anymore. For Studio10, I think those elements are a certain cheesiness, laughter, cheeky banter, and not taking themselves too seriously. I find Kochie and Stefanovic to be arrogant, while I find the Studio10 team to generally be humble and easygoing. Those elements shouldn’t change. But new elements being introduced to keep the show fresh? Sure.

4 Likes

You could be right about the newsy type show, but then again you might have to start it earlier, maybe 7:30am or 8am (at latest) and air news related issues first then after 8:30am (or 9am) could move to entertainment style program with those lovely advertorials filling it out til 11am (or so)

When they say one week a month do they mean all in one go or days accumulated cause that’s pretty much 1 day a week (in some cases 2)? She’s going on another trip soon too. Seems they might need to find new faces for their lineup. Lisa available?

She is doing 5 days this week but each month it could be different days time will tell l suppose.

This thread makes my brain hurt.

15 Likes

I noticed they haven’t done a Month in Review song this year, so I thought this was inevitable.

One would think that they have in the past few weeks, to make the changes for this week (news headlines and the new seating arrangement).

For a low rating show, it sure gets the bloody punters here going.

6 Likes

This show has won the TV Tonight award a few times but I still don’t understand why? There seems to be so many problems since Rob left, in a way I think it’s good he has left because he can move onto bigger and better things hopefully with a better budget.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Probably due to the haphazard repeats shown in the non-ratings period. Many people switched to other channels for fresh tv.

Watching today’s episode again, I see that Denise seemed far more relaxed and free when Ita wasn’t on the panel, but was quite well-behaved and quiet in Ita’s presence.

News Corp are still dirty they lost to CBS.

For some context, these are the same folks that panned Lisa Wilkinson’s first night on The Project because they didn’t get the format of the show… and expected the former Today Show host to blend right in immediately.

6 Likes