Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Mediaspy didn’t outgrow the old-fashioned fanboying of certain networks over others; it simply moved on to fanboying “insiders”.

The downside to such a practice is that it becomes very hard for those members to reconcile with the reality that they aren’t all prodigal sons descended from Heaven when bad news happens (as it inevitably will in the cut-throat television market).

10 Likes

The last time I watched Studio 10 for more than a few moments was probably back in Late June when the show had their OBs in Queensland.

I might watch Studio 10 less often in the future (particularly if elements of Studio 10 that made the show stand out from The Morning Show and Today Extra are phased out), but I wouldn’t go as far as boycotting the program because Rob’s no longer the EP.

Also, last week, during the hot topics, Joe joked that he could cut the tension and cold air between Jess and Ita. Ita said, “Don’t start that nonsense” and to which Tarsh responded, “Cold hands-warm hearts.”

2 Likes

Sandra Sully is hosting with Richard Reid presenting the Showbiz File today.

3 Likes

Tarsh is away hosting Business Chicks today, interviewing Lisa Wilkinson.

2 Likes

It saddens me that some people on that panel think that a person losing their job, particularly someone with children and at Christmas, is a laughing matter.

I’d really like to see Ten shake things up and cut some of those personalities adrift when contracts expire. Bring in a more diverse group of people who are a bit more relatable to the viewer and have real world experience. I’m a bit tired of hearing the views of some princess from the eastern suburbs and social media stars/activists.

5 Likes

Wow. Sandra looks 22 again!

2 Likes

I think I recall saying here that it would end up in a Middle East intifada between Ita and Jess years ago :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m obviously on Rob’s side in this, and I was thinking about the implications on his family when it went down last month (that he was sacked for hurting a few people’s feelings, while making 3.5 hours a day of live network television daily). Sad that someone who resurrected Ten’s mornings, resurrected careers and made so much money for Ten - and worked his ass off - was treated that way.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you, but I find it funny that there was nothing but praise for the new set (and the MediaSpy member who played a part in designing it) on here when Rob was still running the show…

2 Likes

There was plenty of criticism for the new set at the time.

1 Like

Fixed; sorry!

Taking a ‘side’ when the actual details aren’t known is ridiculous.
No one gets fired for merely having a go at employees for tossing a few brussel sprouts about.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, it’ll all become publicly known after the court case.

12 Likes

1 Like

“Derryn Hinch - Media Personality”. What?? Has this Studio 10 program not heard that he is in Senate.

7 Likes

Don’t get hung up on small details.

When was the last time Peter Everett actually hosted a TV program other than appearances on this show?

Lehmo in edition to being a comedian is also a radio host, tv presenter & author.

The other week they had Leigh Sales as “author” as if 20 years as a journalist counted for nothing :thinking:

2 Likes