Studio 10 (2015-2020)

and whoever thought having Kevin Rudd on I don’t know what they were thinking? I couldn’t watch any of that show… along with Roxy. Do they want people tuning out?

2 Likes

That is fucking hilarious.

2 Likes

What’s funny about that?

Fully agree with you

It’s hilarious to narrowly avoid having your brain exploded like a watermelon on live national television.

Jesus fuck that was dumb.

5 Likes

wow. just wow.

4 Likes

And there’s the moment @blackbox would have thought “I’m glad I’m not getting the blame for that”.

18 Likes

One really wonders what the current presenter of children’s science program “Scope” on Eleven and previous Studio 10 guest Lee Constable thought of that experiment gone wrong…

Of course I’m not defending the absolute stupidity of either incident, but it has to be said that Sarah Harris almost shot herself with a nail gun during a segment on Studio 10 in 2014 (I think)!

1 Like

Indeed. First the presenters are throwing brussels sprouts around as missiles, then they go onto playing with liquid nitrogen rockets…

At first I saw the stills of the thing and thought ‘wow that looks a bit dangerous’, but I only realised how dangerous it was when I watched the video and just saw how violent that reaction was.

It goes from being on the ground to off screen within a single frame, which according to a fairly conservative calculation (say ‘off frame’ = 2 metres based on the presenters’ heights x 30 frames per second = 60metres/s) is around 200km/h. That is nuts.

And the more you look at it, the more you realise what could go wrong.

First off, the bottle could just plain explode in someone’s hand, like this:

(GRAPHIC!)

The women should not have been wearing high heels. Just totally unreasonable and unsafe.

And that bloke they brought in too - he absolutely should never have told Tarsh to hold the bottle. She seemed hesitant at first and said herself that she wasn’t watching earlier, so he absolutely should have stopped and just done the final bottle release himself.

Well, it wasn’t as close as this one was. The nail gun would only ever go off if the firing side is pressed against something.

2 Likes

“Next week on Studio 10 we’re ending the year with a bang! The team will demonstrate how to mix sulphur and charcoal to create explosions the whole family will enjoy”.

If blowing your top once too often leads to dismissal, I wonder what the consequences were for the producer who came up with that stupid segment?

EDIT: Blurred so as not to offend JBar.

8 Likes

I think someone may have ended up in jail if Natarsha was hit by it…

Do we really need to link everything that happens on the show from now on, to the dismissal of the producer?

2 Likes

Yep. The wound is still relatively fresh. Let’s pick at the scab a bit longer. You can scroll past the posts if you don’t enjoy the sarcastic humour.

Any unpopular change or perceived degradation in the quality of Studio 10 is going to be linked back to the change in stewardship of the show. You may have to get used to posters “harping back to it”.

3 Likes

Humour is fine but every second post seems to be relating the show back to that. The circumstances of his dismissal are terrible but he’s not the first or last to suffer that fate in television.

Most shows get on with business when this happens and I dare say so will Studio 10. I just don’t think we need to keep harping back to it every day.

2 Likes

That’s the shot I tried to capture to put on here but it was too fast for me to get. Well done.

At least that experiment has gone viral! Its like free advertising! Better than some of dreary sad shit they always talk about :joy::joy:

1 Like

Ohhh so almost killing a presenter is a good thing for the show.

Can’t wait for The Morning Show to retaliate with an on-air waterboarding.

7 Likes

I already go through that watching their show.

10 Likes

At least that experiment has gone viral! Its like free advertising!

That’s like something straight out of Network, when they spoiler alert assassinate the host for ratings!

1 Like

Remembering back to (2014?) when they did heaps of those shitty coke mentos bath ‘experiments’ this whole thing seems pretty ironic. Back then they tried to pull an ‘anything could happen!’ sort of bs and flogged all the replays on Youtube that gained very little traction and received heaps of dislikes.

Now that ‘something did happen’ and they attempt to cover it up at all cost! They could have at least tried to own it (like they did with Sarah’s nail gun incident) considering the story won’t just disappear.

2 Likes