Studio 10 (2015-2020)

6 Likes

One person not surprised by the news :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hope he told Rob what was going to happen.

5 Likes

And here I was, going to say to Rob that the circular panels looked much better with the orange lighting during Ding Dong’s performance.

Really disappointing that the two masterminds behind this great show are both no longer with it. @blackbox, you produced a fabulous show but are you serious about not working in TV anymore? Would love you as Today E.P.!!!

A sad loss for Network Ten. Rob has certainly been one of the few positives for ten in recent years with the work him and his team have put into the morning slot. I appreciate his honesty in regards to his departure as well.

How safe would Studio 10 be now even in its current format?

5 Likes

What happened to Jess? She was there for the opener.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbs0d4chLt0/?taken-by=studio10au

1 Like

Really bizarre stuff. I wonder what direction the show will go in now. It seemed to always evolve and get better. Now I fear it might become staid, boring and generic.

5 Likes

It’ll become homogenised and soulless and start to look and feel like the other morning shows. Management will no doubt replace him with a “yes” person who won’t be willing to fight to keep and implement ideas that cost money or are a little different and make the production unique. Wonder who made the decision to axe the person who worked to make the show a success- existing management or new American overlords?

Sunrise certainly lost it’s unique feel and became less innovative when Boland vacated the EP role.

10 Likes

Wow.

There’s even a comment by Adam Boland in the comments section:

Very sad to read this. He deserves immense credit for his work at Ten (and for cleaning up after me). Rob has more passion for television than anyone I know but maintaining the energy required to run a daily show does take a toll. Looking forward to his next chapter.

8 Likes

iam sorry but i can now see studio 10 going on the down hill very fast that @blackbox is no longer on studio 10

2 Likes

That’s jumping the gun a bit don’t you think?

There’s no information about the motivation behind his sacking, what Ten are doing yet or who’s going to be stepping in to fill the role.

@blackbox has set up a strong show, the producing staff will hopefully maintain the direction, and whoever fills the EP role could be just as motivated to push the show further.

This could also be a sign that Ten are looking to re-tune their morning line-up which, lets face it, is woeful before Studio 10 starts.

2 Likes

Certain tweets and comments about walking away from battles were very telling.

4 Likes

They only got the keys late last week. I would think it too soon for them to be making drastic moves.

9 Likes

Coincidence, you think? I plastered over the cracks and repainted the walls the day after I got the keys to my last property.

Perhaps.

What is clear though is that Rob has been a tireless advocate for the show and has gone into battle time after time to secure whatever limited funding, resources, support etc he can get to help the show grow and prosper. It’s hard to see how the show can continue as it has without that sort of leadership figure at the top, without somebody so devoted and deeply invested that it literally sends them over the edge.

Hopefully the change in ownership will ease those pressures just enough to make Rob’s successor’s job a little bit easier but money isn’t a substitute for fire and passion.

He was probably on a 5 year contract which is just approaching its end. There has been chatter about his future at Ten for months, this hasn’t just happened this week.

4 Likes

my uninformed opinion says yes but of course TV is a brutal game

They hired Lisa without even owning Ten. What makes you think they can’t fire workers too?

3 Likes

agreed

Did they? AFAIK it was already in motion but CBS gave it their support

I strongly doubt Ten could’ve afforded to poach Lisa. It would’ve never been considered pre-CBS’ bid.

1 Like