Studio 10 (2015-2020)

All respect to people’s opinions here, however I find the negativity of people’s comments whenever Studio 10 do something different surprising.
While having no regulars on the panel is a bit odd, hasn’t this show proven by now that they can do different?
They’ve proven that the hosts can swap and change, they’ve developed a good source of secondary regulars and they’ve pulled off stunt-driven shows that people doubted they could even do.
While I’ve never been a huge fan of the Christmas video, its a bit of fun they’ve done every year, something that they enjoy doing, and this year it just requires shooting at that time/day - wouldn’t it be more odd if one of the main hosts is missing from Christmas clip because of scheduling?? If they’re shooting on location it’d be extremely costly to shoot on other days just to make everyone look together.

There’s just a regular pattern of negative comments whenever these things happen - the show run by spinning wheel, shows out on location, game days, segments which are different. You have the ear of the executive producer of the show - don’t just whinge about how you’re going to change the channel if the show doesn’t conform to your morning show expectations that are set by the rival networks.

17 Likes

No one is against a point of difference, but it is about prioritising what is important to the average viewer. It just gives 7 and 9 a free hit as viewers turn over to more familiar faces.

3 Likes

All 3 are familiar faces to regular Studio 10 viewers… Mikey Robins is no stranger either.

How do you justify what is important to the average viewer? You can say that it’s in your opinion, but that doesn’t make it fact or true. You could justify it with ratings data, but you’d also have to analyse that data in relation to the normal friday viewer numbers and what other influences the other networks might have on offer (guests, etc)

I don’t agree this is situation where they “give a hit to 7 and 9”… Viewers are going to see the regulars in crosses throughout the show, the panel is still balanced the same and the format of the run down sounds like it’d be the same as normal…

6 Likes

Georgia is constantly mentioning what the regular team is doing today and regular viewers know who Jo Casamento and Susie Elelman are as they have been regular fill ins on the show for a long time.

Repetitive as always. That’s why you can’t watch for more than twenty minutes. They keep repeating the same upcoming and tomorrow promos in every commercial break until your eyes and ears bleed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No disagree it’s informing the average viewer why the team isn’t there today.
To be honest amazed your still watching Studio10 @JBar because you constantly post negative comments about this show. If a show makes your ears bleed :roll_eyes: turn off then! :expressionless:

2 Likes

I like a lot of what they do but if there’s some things I don’t like, I’ll mention those, in the hope things will change.

Thanks for he advice. That’s what I do now. Just being thoughtful and letting you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is without doubt the worst part of the show. And after all the build up the interviews and segments are always such a letdown…

“THE SHOCK SECRET YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE”
“THE DISTURBING TREND THAT IS AFFECTING OUR CHILDREN”

We all complain about ACA, but the promos on Studio 10 are even more OTT.

4 Likes

Completely agree with you there.

Since we’re whinging but did anyone else find it awkward watching the girl from Stranger Things who is 13 placed in between Joe & Pete, the two middle aged men? I feel like it really affected her interview as I’ve seen her more lively and responsive in other interviews shes done.

Wow that’s a can of worms. I’m not sure I want to know what you’re implying.

She tweeted her thanks for the interview afterwards, just FYI.

Would it matter whether she was between two women or two men, younger or older? She was a guest on a panel.

4 Likes

Seriously? I thought the interview was fantastic. She was extremely happy and so were her management.

4 Likes

Regarding the comments about the panel being away today, while it isn’t an ideal situation this is a situation where we had no choice. But I also make this point; the format is strong and we will be ok ratings wise. Our regular team set the standard and have sold the show to the audience who are forgiving when the main team are away.

Every time people here make bold predictions that our ratings will evaporate because of something we’ve done, they are usually wrong. That’s not to say that we can’t be open to criticism and learning better ways of doing things, but we do think about these things and decisions are made taking into account a variety of reasons.

The Christmas clip and Christmas day show have become our annual tradition. We like it and I believe so do most of our audience.

19 Likes

I’m not implying anything, I just feel like she might have been more lively if placed next to Jess for example. Only because of the previous interviews Ive seen with her. It could have also been the huge crowd gawking at her from all levels lol

I don’t have an issue with the team away at all!
It’s one godammned day. The show is different to the ones on 7 and 9. I really laugh when people get so offended about things like this, you’re not paying their salary and they are not there due to make content for another episode…
People know everyone who filled in today. The usual viewers will “see familiar faces” so that argument is stupid.
Let’s stop getting so personally offended lol
Good job @blackbox on organising a decent fill in team and looking forward to seeing the Christmas ep!!:slight_smile:

6 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s no way to talk about Christmas. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Just for the record, ratings were fine yesterday.

12 Likes

they didn’t

12 Likes

I think morning shows often have to be because a lot of viewers don’t sit through the entire program and may only pop in and out at various times so it’s easy for them to miss a one-off mention of something.

1 Like