Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Disagree with you entirely. Sure, there are a couple of aspects that looked better in the old set(doors), but this set is a massive upgrade.Definitely not cheap and very well set up for the future. And from the shots I saw, the audience is facing the team.

2 Likes

I don’t get the city skyline’s? Especially Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It seems like a default go to: we’ll have city skylines - as we don’t really know what else to put.

Fair enough have city skyline if the city IS part of the brand or show.

But, I don’t get it for a bit morning national show.

And why does the harbour and river look tropical great barrier reef like blue.

I just don’t get it

2 Likes

I don’t normally watch the show, but I saw a little bit this morning and that backdrop had me like :thinking:

I mean I don’t hate it - I certainly don’t love it - I’d just love to know the inspiration behind great barrier reef like city skylines as a backdrop?

1 Like

Some interesting perspective shots

18 Likes

Nice to see a show that showcases the newsroom and not try and hide it!

13 Likes

Why don’t they just clear the ground floor? Not many staff on those desks, they have plenty of other floors.

they may very well you know…

Yeesh. I’m stunned that it seems be nearly universally popular here. It looks like a mess, with no flow across the set from left to right.

Far too busy especially when you can see the newsroom/walkway above. The bubbles/circles look instantly dated too.

Big downgrade IMO.

9 Likes

I’m generally a fan of the changes - like having the newsroom there etc. But I’m finding the place of the audience to be really disjointed in relation to the hosts, and having the cameras stationed in the middle of the set is also really strange too. I get that there are space issues but not too sure if it’s working that well - you see it particularly in those wide shots.

1 Like

Each to their own I guess. But I still stand by the fact its terrific and an upgrade.

3 Likes

Not an improvement at all. Looks cheap, and I can’t believe there’s old textures and panels from the old set (see above the host’s entrance door) particularly when that new graphics element is so nice (the 3D curvey lines). The panels with circles look terrible, they either should be proper frosted glass light boxes or open it up to the newsroom.

The logo on the desk needs to be painted blue, the blue light is too washed out so the studio 10 text doesn’t pop.

Agree with others about then bad background loop. How hard is it to get a slick looking backgroup loop that’s just graphical elements and no photos? Think OneNews’ election night loop.

2 Likes

The audience can’t even directly see the guests walk in through the doors :joy:

3 Likes

I feel there should be blue backlit Perspex in the Studio 10 logo on the desk. The random white variation of the logo looks out of place and doesn’t match their branding. I understand it gives it some depth but it just makes it look rushed and unfinished.
If not that, at least light up the circle with blue LED’s (which it looks like they’ve half attempted to do but then randomly stopped).
The circles in the wall again need some defined lighting (or a more transparent Perspex). I would have rather seen different sized Studio 10 logos within those circles and not have the logos on the video wall (just to give the circles some characteristic and purpose).
I do love the new wood paneling around the plasmas with white lighting embedded.
If they extended the studio floor and relocated some of those desks behind the set, and stretch the set out a bit more, I think that would pull everything together a bit better (and would be a lot better for the necks of the audience).

1 Like

I think it’s a great use of the space and definitely more than what I was expecting. I agree the studio 10 desk logo needs the round base of it painted blue it looks too washed out.

The circles on each side need to be lit in white or something like we saw in Sandra’s insta post. We don’t want an over saturation of blue, so a light colour in them would be better.
Overall I don’t mind it. Hope they use the balcony for showbiz. Could even use it for advertorials! I’d also get Tash in front of the windows of the control room/exchange for the news updates.

Good job Rob!

1 Like

It’s a great set and improvements etc… I have issues with the cameras. Are they too close up to the set? It seems very claustrophobic to me, the shots of the presenters were very tight and at one point Jess was talking and the camera pulled out and panned to Ita but it was so shaky. Particularly the wide shot felt very closed in.

2 Likes

What did you expect? Ten are in administration.

It’s a bit bizarre to say the least though. That backdrop looks like a tropical poster of the Gold Coast or Cairns supplied by Tourism Queensland.

Graphics have been rejigged and I hate them. They’re so plain and formulaic.

I think the desk needs a smack of blue on it and probably ditch the wood around the screens.
The revolving Studio 10 ring actually works good and I like the rest of the graphic’s tweaks.
The set pieces look easy enough to be move allowing the overall set to be reconfigured (which I think may be needed) just to create a bit more space (if there is any)

1 Like

I really don’t think it’s all that bad! looks fantastic for a morning show not too OTT compared to TMS… and Today Extra (lets not go there) anyway i think Rob has done a fantastic job with this!! Love the windows open too on the second level! Amazing stuff.

9 Likes

I think the individual shots were a bit too close especially at the start. They seem to be close up further, than they were in the past.

I think the set looks good. If possible, it would be good to have more blue in the logo in front of the desk but it’s not that important.

1 Like