Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Holy Jesus that looks stunning!!! (I assume the blinds will be open? Or maybe a Studio 10 logo projected in place of ten?) Anyway, can’t wait for tomorrow! Good job and good luck @blackbox !!!

Holy guacamole this is the best ever. @blackbox you’ve hit the jackpot congratulations.

1 Like

Looks fabulous Rob- the desk, the backdrop, the panels all look great. I am glad that you have put effort into the space, instead of just plonking in the news set, and that there will be little connection between the newsroom and the set.

Reminds of when they use The Project set in Melbourne with the big video wall behind. Looks great - looking forward to seeing it on air! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anne Fulwood is the 5th panellist today.IMG_20171016_080059

7 Likes

Panelists for this week

8 Likes

Glad to see Johnny Ruffo is on tomorrow the show has kept us updated on his health condition since the diagnosis.

6 Likes

Looks great with the curtains open. Welcome back to ground zero, Jessica Rowe!

9 Likes

Opener:

19 Likes
5 Likes

They have slimlined the wood so looks like news will retain it. Unless they plan to put the chunky frames back over the top.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll say it. Massive downgrade. I respect that it wasn’t Rob’s decision to move in there and that I believe he’s done the best he could with what he has been given however it has nothing on the original space. Looks very cheap to me. Desk amazing, the rest is awful. The audience is in an awkward position and they aren’t even facing the team. Not good.

4 Likes

Kitchen

Back view

Side view

Standing

A very small man standing on top of the video wall.

Adverts haven’t been re-shot yet, still using old set.

16 Likes

Looks like they’re arriving from The Loop set so they’re putting that multi-coloured floor to good use.

2 Likes

Kitchen doesn’t look too bad, good that they’ve at least got a defined space for this type of content now - seems weird to already have a cook segment happening at 9am?

Love it! Looks so light and airy.

Overall it looks pretty nice for a refresh, but the step down to the floor from the doors looks a little awkward for the hosts/guests.

The high camera pans down to studio with the jib look great and make good use of the open space.

8 Likes

Set looks terrific! So bright and airy I love it! Only minor changes is I think i would like the circles to be backlit as they look very plain…And having the door so close to the desk is something that is odd but we’ll see. Have they ditched the couch? (Time difference - not on here yet). And they have fitted in a big size audience which looks great.

The graphics look decent.One thing I really don’t like though is that opener…its way too short and seems rushed. I would have kept the opener as it was before, with the highlights from the show as that really suited the show IMO.

And here’s an idea @blackbox, you can see above a cap of a worker standing on the balcony. I think it would be cool occasionally to have Angela or Craig do the showbiz previews from there. Just an idea. But overall a nice job

9 Likes

I have to disagree with you. I really like the set, a nice upgrade- it is bright and fresh . The desk, the panels and the doors all look great and the kitchen space is MUCH more homely (a bit of a salute to GMA). Love the use of the open windows in the wideshots. In fact, I would say it is a nice use of the space. Not better than the old set, but certainly not worse.

I actually prefer the new graphics (maybe you could move the weather back so it matches the other side of the super).

@blackbox I think the opener is a bit disjointed. I don’t feel cutting to the studio, back to the titlecard and back to the studio works. I miss the name intro (although the new way will work better when you have fill-ins).

Agree. Maybe keep the panels their original colour (without the blue lighting) and light the circles with the light blue.

1 Like

From the back shot, it looks as thought the panels between the screens are backlit with blue - perhaps just not showing through the circles?

1 Like