Studio 10 (2015-2020)

If they took on basics of @theGradyConnell’s design, they wouldn’t need to worry: just remove the frame from the video wall and ditch the desk backdrop. Done, new set on the cheap. CBS can worry about the other upgrades.

Will we see a send-off to the old set, @blackbox? And will there be a couch on the new one? :thinking:

3 Likes

You should recycle the old carpet :joy:

1 Like

So what are they moving out of that studio for? Is Channel 10 news moving in there? Is it being used to film more CRAM!? or is the Project permanently moving to Sydney since Carrie could leave at the end of this year?

Family Fued is moving to Sydney and the other studio is already used for shows like Cram and The Living Room.

Martin Place (Sydney) and Southbank (Melbourne) do it … I’m sure they could work out a smart way of doing it.

I don’t think the question was in relation to the logistics of using the same space for both shows, but more so whether Studio 10 will utilise elements of the news set and vice versa with Studio 10’s new set launching on Monday.

2 Likes

Bit of a glimpse

11 Likes

Orange and Yellow replacing all the blues?

2 Likes

Denise did say l hope we are not taking the carpet with us!:joy:

4 Likes

The windows theatre orange and yellow are the ones behind the news set desk plasmas, just as an observation… seems they will take the whole space!

Yeah, you can see in the videos up thread that the yellow/orange stuff is some sort of data centre or server room.

Is that Mike Hammond? I bit of a GMA mk2 reunion (if it is, he’s looking fantastic).

1 Like

Yes Mike did look great wearing glasses also made him look different.

IMG_20171012_173441

3 Likes

Today was the last day in this studio. Tomorrow the show is coming from the courtyard.

8 Likes

Why’s that? A special broadcast? Or just getting ready for Monday?

I’d say they would be getting ready for Monday.

4 Likes

I’ve been paying close attention of the show’s Facebook engagement lately and it seems a lot of viewers aren’t happy with the attempts to “fill an extra hour” with certain segments. Some even mention that the entire show feels like it drags on a bit.

What does everyone else think?

(I’m in no way attempting to put the show down as it is a great effort - just curious as to other’s thoughts)

1 Like

Just caught up with the announcement now. I’m not exactly sure how the show will go well in a newsroom set (unless if they are moving to a newsier format), but knowing @blackbox and his team I’m sure they will make it work and work well (at least it will look better than that piss poor Today Extra set).

On another note, congratulations @theGradyConnell. Great to see your excellent talent flourish. Here’s hoping bigger projects from you in the future, but for now, all I can say is well done!

10 Likes

If the on screen-graphics are anything to go by, the blue will stay. The orange lighting has been used on the front of the desk for a few years (and found in the park panels) and yellow has been used on the doors. Orange and yellow, amongst others will be used so it not just blue, blue and more blue.

Exactly what I was asking.

1 Like