Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Maybe Ten Morning News is returning via Studio Ten :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No. New set, new desk based on @theGradyConnell’s design and a new location: the Ten Eyewitness News studio.

9 Likes

Secret location was where a new set is being constructed.

Plus Monday will see a move to the newsroom.

15 Likes

New set and moving to the newsroom. Looks like they’re squeezing in a small audience quite nicely.

The news room looks dead at 1030am in the morning. Are things that dire?

Obviously family feud will move up to Sydney.

This also put to rest any chance of any morning or early news.

I’m wondering if this is part of the blue horizon stuff… if so, it better not move any more forward than this. Ten cannot handle news cuts.

3 Likes

I hope the timber paneling around the screens in the newsroom is going as part of the new studio 10 set, possibly to coincide with bringing the Sydney set into line with updates to the rest of the capital city news sets.

1 Like

Congrats to @theGradyConnell hopefully this leads to a great career in this field.

23 Likes

I got excited when Tarsh appeared on the news set for the second announcement my first thought was we were going to get News updates on the show.

5 Likes

So no worries about interrupting news staff in the morning? Or are they moving out of that space?

yes congrats @theGradyConnell :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was back on May 31.
Congratulations @theGradyConnell can’t wait to see the new look next week.

13 Likes
3 Likes

The plans were probably made when they thought the news room was closing down.

Also they’re playing highlights of old performances. There may not be any musical performances in the new look studio 10.

Was anyone able to record the announcement? I see they haven’t uploaded anything online except for the GIF on twitter and am keen to see it.

1 Like

Announcement of set:

8 Likes

there will be performances on the new set and they will be bigger and better than ever (we currently go into the newsroom for big performances and they look amazing)

16 Likes

The Michael Ball / Alfie Boe performance in that space was great.

I don’t understand why people were thinking that the newsroom is somehow smaller. It’s a huge space!

4 Likes

From this small grab the newsroom set looks awesome from this angle as an opener. This move just provides another point of difference for the little show that could. Like most I’m really looking forward to seeing this on Monday, might have to take the day off just to watch :joy:

1 Like

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone is questioning the amount of space, but rather the appropriateness of a chat/variety show within a newsroom environment. If they can manage to be respectful of the news department and even tap into the surroundings as a component of the show, it could be an asset.

1 Like