Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Not too bad. The supers are definitely an improvement, especially the clock, and I really like the bug on the right hand side of the logo.[quote=“JBar, post:46, topic:97”]
However, I would make the Studio 10 logo smaller which would allow the bar to sit closer to the bottom…
[/quote] I disagree. The Studio 10 logo needs to be bigger than the supers so it’s noticeable but glad it doesn’t rotate anymore. The only thing I would do is align the blue super glossy top in line with the white two. I would also like to see the white bug with things like LIVE and Daily Dilemma appear more often as it looks better there. However, the dark supers conflict with the backdrop on set. Rob, could you get a backdrop with more of a blue hue, like the one in Melbourne, as currently it is orange, along with the green, would have looked nice with the first light coloured blue.[quote=“killy06, post:54, topic:97”]
I’m not sure I like it either, all the different colours looks tacky in my opinion. …
[/quote] I must admit that when Ita appears, it makes you look. I suppose it is a way of representing the presenters in different ways. IIRC, Denise is the last name to be mentioned, so can it be changed to Sarah. Also can Jono not make out there is so many names and don’t pause at the four presenter. It didn’t sound too good. [quote=“killy06, post:54, topic:97”]
I do like the image of all the hosts together though!
[/quote] So do I. That image with a ‘Tomorrow 8.30’ appears now as the endtag of the promo. Speaking of which, there is a ‘no one can do it better’ promo for the showbiz file.

Interesting to read all the feedback about the new graphics look. I’m pretty happy with it (you never really know until it goes to air).

They look great @blackbox ! Great improvement :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a great evolution of the current package, looks a lot more cohesive now. Still really like the position of the live, hot topics, daily dilemma bug rather than having the logo rotating. The only thing I would remove would be all the animations, like the scrolling lines through the main ticker and the sheen going through the weather box - with everything else going on it’s just too much IMO.

I know that I for one was really critical about the most recent set changes also, but I’m really digging it all now. Looks unique and really suits the style of the show. I know it’s not always practical but I much prefer when the couch is used on the stage rather than the space in front of the doors.

1 Like

2nd day of watching Studio 10 because I’m home sick, but if I see that showbiz promo one more time I’m gonna turn the TV off. In that time I must’ve seen it at least 10 times, probably 7-8 too many. Enough

3 Likes

Good ratings result yesterday

Ratings: Big Bash hits new audience high

1 Like

It is pretty normal for this time of the year. IIRC, on Jan 26 last year when Mornings relaunched, it rated 200,000 plus with Studio 10 100,000 plus as The Morning Show is on pre-record/hiatus. Feb 1, when TMS returns live both Mornings and Studio 10 numbers will decrease.

[quote=“killy06, post:67, topic:97, full:true”]
2nd day of watching Studio 10 because I’m home sick, but if I see that showbiz promo one more time I’m gonna turn the TV off. In that time I must’ve seen it at least 10 times, probably 7-8 too many. Enough
[/quote] And it is only three days old. I think Rob has decreased the Showbiz File previews and the actually segment itself and added in these promos.

Hopefully viewers stick around. With so many of the regular panel MIA, the show has still flowed effortlessly. Natarsha has been fabulous as always, I could listen to Anjali all day, and Robo has done a great job filling in for Joe. Heck even Denise talking about her potato peeler dilemma was entertaining.

Carlotta back on the panel today, with both Ita & Denise appearing also.

1 Like

They really need to stop playing the showbiz promo 734 times an episode. It’s so annoying.

3 Likes

Yes. Thank you. That’s what I’ve been saying.

If you’re watching the whole show it’s a massive turn off to be constantly told what’s coming up.

You’ve been talking about the Coming up with Angela/Craig. We are talking about the new Generic promo that has replaced a couple of these previews.

I do agree this promo is played too much. @blackbox 2 times at most an episode I should think would be better.

1 Like

Also having the last infomercial at 10:55 every day really wouldn’t entice people to stick around. If your audience builds from the 9:30am portion of the show, surely you would want them to stick around right to the end. I’m just struggling to see how this could be considered a good time for the last infomercial, surely it could be squeezed in earlier to continue the momentum right through to the end of the show.

Love them teaching Denise how to tweet today. She is now on twitter.

2 Likes

[quote=“killy06, post:75, topic:97, full:true”] Also having the last infomercial at 10:55 every day really wouldn’t entice people to stick around. If your audience builds from the 9:30am portion of the show, surely you would want them to stick around right to the end. I’m just struggling to see how this could be considered a good time for the last infomercial, surely it could be squeezed in earlier to continue the momentum right through to the end of the show.
[/quote] And it always seems to be James and his super foods machine thing. I asked Rob if he could alter the infomercial and he said that it wasn’t up to him. IIRC, Mornings, Kerri-Anne and The Morning Show all have infomercials in the last 5-10 minutes.

[quote=“JBar, post:73, topic:97, full:true”]
Yes. Thank you. That’s what I’ve been saying. If you’re watching the whole show it’s a massive turn off to be constantly told what’s coming up.
[/quote] Like Travis said, this is a new promo which began on Monday and replaces Craig/Ange doing what’s coming up. It is really annoying.

Angela Bishop will be live on the Red Carpet for the Golden Globes on Monday. Interesting that Denise filled in for Jess today and Ita moved into her regular seat. I expected it to be the other way round.

1 Like

I really like this. Glad to see the weather ticker/flipper/thingamajig (eloquent, I know) no longer appears as a tacked-on afterthought.

More annoying than the Craig/Ange coming up ones. That must be bad. :open_mouth:

1 Like

At least the Craig/Ange ones are previewing the days stories. This is a generic promo

Is there a reason why full episodes of Studio10 aren’t available on Tenplay? Having to sit through 2 ads per every single clip is a massive turn off.

3 Likes