Studio 10 (2015-2020)

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/studio-10-pips-today-extra.html - Well done @blackbox!

7 Likes

I agree, it’s great to see a Studio 10 finally become #2 (albeit by a slim margin). Keep up the great work blackbox and crew! :slight_smile:

On the flipside though, I do wonder if we’ll be seeing yet another relaunch of mid-morning television at Nine in 2017? If so that would be nothing short of an embarrassment, but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me…

2 Likes

But i think the point was that those towns, none of which are in Queensland, are being displayed to viewers in Brisbane

1 Like

Cheers!

7 Likes

According to the TV Tonight Weekly Email,

6 Likes

I added the numers to the ratings aricle.

4 Likes

Today Extra is on the slide.

3 Likes

Second win this week over Today Extra is great news and so long overdue.Sarah made a quick mention this morning thanking viewers for watching.

6 Likes

Today Extra has no excuse, Today is giving it a #1 lead-in regularly now, they should be even with TMS, not battling for 2nd place. Studio 10 comes with no lead-in to speak of.

10 Likes

Imagine what Studio10 could achieve with a decent lead in.

14 Likes

Still no signs of expansion. Maybe go through to 12 each day. Surely two more advertorials can pay for the extra hour.

No need for too much of a good thing. That would take its toll on presenters and viewers.

9 Likes

While Studio 10 is doing well, lets not forget that Ten is floundering and if history is anything to go by - when the primetime isn’t working, it’s the morning shows that get the chop.

2 Likes

No it won’t… this show pays for it self, and with the resent win and increase in numbers, i can guarantee its making the network money.

Ten’s best option next year, is to expand this show to an earlier start time of 8.00am, while also introducing a 11.00am news bulletin.

5 Likes

As I’ve said many times before, Ten needs to get it’s main 5pm bulletin(s) in order before they even think about (re)introducing additional national bulletins.

I agree with the suggestion of possibly expanding/moving Studio 10 to an earlier start time of 8am though.

I don’t think ten can do this without expanding the service to begin with. Economies of scale etc.

Studio Ten could be clever and slowly expand but it seems they don’t want to for some reason.

Another thought… now that this show is established ten should get Rob to try and fix the 6am-830am time slot.

2 Likes

Agree, but with the introduction of new bulletin, this would come with the allowance of recruting new staff.

4 Likes

I’m still on board with the idea for a low budget news-focused ‘Fox and Friends’ style breakfast show, perhaps branded as GMA to get some extra buzz? Even if it rates poorly it won’t bleed too much money and hopefully it would grow over time.

The show that is ridiculed throughout the world? Maybe they can hire Sonia Kruger for it when she gets the boot next year. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I referred to that show purely in terms of its format. It’s honestly revolting- just like most of the shit on FNC.