Studio 10

Almost Monday? It’s Monday

It’s the band name…. :roll_eyes:

Is that a screen behind them or a print?

You’d prefer they performed on another day to avoid your confusion? :stuck_out_tongue:

They were on the show Thursday, which I think was when todays performance was filmed.

Seems to be a new segment / series they’re doing.

3 Likes

Nothing new here, just an update:

9 Likes

Jeez… you would have thought they would have been campaigning for the reduction of the Australian content requirements.
That’s horrendous.

2 Likes

Abysmal. Wow.

To think 5 years ago the show was almost outperforming Today Extra. What a shame.

10 Likes

Embarrassing really for Studio 10. Such a big drop between them and the other two morning shows. Even with the three codings for the ratings.

1 Like

Also remembering that these morning shows are not “demo friendly” and shew old compared to 10’s usual audience. So rankings in key demos are lower still. THough TMS and Today Extra also rank low in the demos with no viewers in some markets in the youngest demos.

A first this morning?

6 Likes

I told you. Matty will do anything.

1 Like

How much is this show costing to produce or is it still paying its way with advatorials?

I would have thought on those ratings they’d be better off axing the show and running repeats of something in its place. Take the money and put it into a traditional morning news bulletin or give it to the rest of the sorely underfunded news department.

3 Likes

Again, the only reason it still airs is because of the infomercials and the fact they need to broadcast x amount of new Australian content each day.

They may as well just air the home shopping and infomercial programming that airs overnight in place of Studio 10. They’d save a fortune and have more money to invest in prime time product.

4 Likes

I’m also guessing that companies find some value in a 5 minute advertorial on even a low rated show compared to 30 seconds of a ad that viewers switch off for anyway.

1 Like

I don’t even know what you would do to change the show. At least the original format had that fun, chat show vibe which was different from the competition (even though it hasn’t ever rated particularly well). Now it’s just a poor man’s version of what Today Extra and The Morning Show are doing, but they have had a head start for years to build an audience, and have the better talent hosting.

3 Likes

They should revert back to a panel type show and have more hot topics segments, ala The View. And interesting long form interviews at the desk.

14 Likes

Do they get a ratings hit when Ding Dong is on? Are they able to promote her enough days before to make a difference?

1 Like

Thursday 21 April -

Stevie Jacobs hosting with Sarah for the first time on Studio 10.
A flashback was shown of Sarah and Stevie hosting Weekend Today in 2013!

Tristan is having a few days off.

Natasha Exelby is presenting news updates from Melbourne this morning.

6 Likes

9 Likes