Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Good to see Jo Casamento back as Jess’s fill in this year.Susie l hope will continue this year to be the main fill in for Ita and Denise having only started late last year on the show.She speaks a lot of common sense in her opinions and brings a lot to the table.

Another clever idea from Rob bringing back Viv to be on the panel today, she first appeared as a gift wrapping expert in December and in that segment the instant banter between her and Denise was a pisser to watch,then the funny cooking segment with Denise just before Christmas.

As the show has been increasing every year in the ratings and of course this week achieving that great result ,the show is on the road to having a very successful year. Even a Logie award is possible this year l believe.

4 Likes

Don’t even get me started on that abomination. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The banners are a big reason why I no longer tune into that show.

1 Like

Agree with everything except Jo. Never warmed to her and think that she should be bottom of the fill in list, but i know thats just me! Still wish we knew why Gretel Killeen stopped appearing…she was terrific!

The show is running until Midday on Monday to cover the Golden Globes. Then next friday, apparently the whole show will be decided by spinning a wheel…interested to see what this is about!

2 Likes

The ticker is good in moderation, but today we had ridiculous updates like this:
“NEXT FRIDAY THE WHOLE SHOW WILL BE DECIDED BY A SPINNING WHEEL!”
“COMING UP AT 10:20AM - VIV AND DENISE DO DINNER (IT WILL BE REALLY FUNNY!)”

Surely they are taking the piss with the last one especially. But good on them for trying to do something different!

Was it “really funny” or just false advertising? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do they not keep an off-air file of graphic free segments

The amount of rubbish on the screen during Sunrise makes me reach for the remote.

2 Likes

Catriona Rowntree on the panel today.

1 Like

I’ve never liked her on getaway or doing any advertorial type promotion, but she’s quite good in this context.

The variety of guest panellists is really good most of the time.

1 Like

there may be an up stream version of the studio (before graphics etc) for archive, but I don’t think so…

Yes, we record a clean feed (ie no graphics) of the show. It would be very rare that we’ve run vision with old graphics.

6 Likes

I didn’t think I’d seen any.

I think the original comment was referring to old clips of other shows. Like say an old 4:3 show zoomed in to 14:9 or 16:9 is shown but a lot is then covered by the current on screen graphics.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this, I am sure it will be fun. So, I assume, they will have their ‘segments’ on the spinning wheel such as hot topics, $5 Quiz, What in Weird etc and when it lands on it, they will do that segment right then, with content prepared.

1 Like

We’ll prep our segments as normal and then let the wheel decide which order we’ll do them in.

Should be a good show to see behind-the-scenes action as we have different set configurations for different segments, so each time the wheel comes up on a segment the stagehands will need to change the set accordingly.

15 Likes

Have you guys ever had any audience members involved in asking Ita questions live? I don’t watch Studio Ten much, but when I do, I always found her segment pretty interesting.

That spinning wheel deciding which deciding what segment to do (next or first) is quite interesting. I do look forward to seeing how that plays out. Will set the PVR for record (only for the first hour or so next week just to check it out) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ask Ita is actually my favourite segment and that live question seems like a great idea on occasions.[quote=“blackbox, post:845, topic:97”]
Should be a good show to see behind-the-scenes action as we have different set configurations for different segments, so each time the wheel comes up on a segment the stagehands will need to change the set accordingly.
[/quote]
I really, really, really hope the wheel lands on infomercials. :wink: But seriously, this sounds really interesting.

I guess you don’t want to waste all that hard drive space on recording the whole show :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be upfront and let you know the advertorials won’t be on the wheel due to the fact they have to air close to the alloted tx time due to the call centres. All of our editorial content will be on the wheel though.

4 Likes