Street Smart

“Lacks subtlety”. Well I wasn’t going to watch anyway. Looks to be the same routine as Pizza, they do not seem to have moved on?

No it all appears to be based on ethnic stereotypes and I am not against that. It’s just a bit same old and gets very repetitive and boring after a while.

Good on them for trying scripted comedy but this is fucking terrible.

Why do commercial networks think they’re audiences are stupid. Surely some abc style scripted would work on commercial free to air

3 Likes

Is it terrible like Get Krackin type terrible where some will love it some will hate it ?

Not as good as Housos ?

So far this is very weak!!!

What was in that article this afternoon, in regards to Crap Programs not being shown on TEN?

5 Likes

Let me guess…this show is almost as bad as Here Come The Habibs?

Personally, I think Tahir Bilgic and Rob Shehadie hit their peak more than ten years ago. Even then, probably the best thing about looking back at (Fat) Pizza now is to see how various locations in/around Sydney (particularly around the Western suburbs) have changed since then!

It’s the same stereotypes with really forced and exaggerated accents and dialogue. Very condescending humour and really just a weak premise as well.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help that Ten technically aired ep2 tonight and ep1 will screen next week, even though it’s not listed that way.

Not as bad as Here Come The Habibs but not much better either. It’s a comedy but it’s lacking laughs.

1 Like

Sigh. I usually like Tahir and Rob Shehadie’s work, but I didn’t like the show that much tonight. Casey Donovan’s small role was good. But that was pretty much it.

Why are they showing eps out of order?

Maybe the first ep is not as funny as the second which if so, must really be dire.

2 Likes

And that in itself doesn’t give Ten much confidence in its show.

Repeats of Kath and Kim would have been s better option.

1 Like

Premiers :thinking:

In the same email from tenplay, every other use of premiere was used correctly.

4 Likes

It’s weird cause first episodes usually set up the characters. We were just expected to know who they were and why the guy was in the bush tonight?

It just goes to show ideas wont get funded, the people behind it will. I know of another production company that was given an open slate to make 3 different shows for the network regardless of what they were.

Yeah this was a bit of a yawn. But glad ten tried some scripted comedy. This won’t work though.

1 Like

I reckon bringing back something like Comedy Inc could work…

Pilot Week has Skit Happens.

2 Likes

I got halfway through the first episode and had to switch off. Awful acting. Lame writing. Boring storyline.

1 Like

As expected an abject failure. Goes hand in hand with Ten’s Sunday audience share. On par with their Saturdays.

1 Like