State/Territory Election Coverage

ABC Caps

1 Like

1 Like

Is that Kathryn Robinson?

Kath Robinson was presenting on ABC News 24 this afternoon and the bulletin at 5.30 that was also shown on ABC in Canberra:

Labor returned graphic

Did Sky run anything tonight? Didn’t see anything on social media!

I like the Canberra sonic backdrop - but why does it all look so washed out and drab?

Did WIN do anything?

Yes, she has been with the ABC for about a year now , IIRC.

I watched Hawaii Five-0 and Jack Reacher on WIN Canberra - there was nothing about the election.

Opener and Closer

It’s certainly rather disappointing that WIN (or any Canberra commercial station, as far as I’m aware) didn’t do any ACT Election coverage.

However it does have to be said that since the last time WIN News Canberra did ACT Election coverage, they have moved production of their local news to Wollongong and switched their network affiliation from Nine to Ten.

2 Likes

WIN had a couple of promos about how fantastic their Canberra news is, but have to wait until 6:00pm on Monday to get the ‘news’.

3 Likes

Post election coverage on ABC News Canberra tonight:

2 Likes

The OCD in me is going nuts that on those Reelected and New member screens the pictures aren’t the same size. haha

Just saw a WIN News promo trumpeting that they’re “covering the ACT election, every step of the way”

Yeah, except for election night.

3 Likes

Is this the promo?

GOD - THAT IS A BAD PROMO!!

Not to mention that it seems that the promo has continued to air (and possibly still is, obviously I’m not in a position to confirm either way) after the ACT Election has been done and dusted.

Come on WIN, how about a decent general promo for your struggling local news bulletins(s) instead?!

How about they try and improve the quality of the news bulletins - it’s so bad

1 Like

WA Election coverage next Saturday night (according to TV Guide):

Seven
6.00pm-7.00pm: Seven News
7.00pm-10.00pm: 2017 WA State Election

Nine
5.00pm-6.00pm: Election 2017 - WA Decides
6.00pm-6.30pm: Nine News Saturday
6.30pm-10.30pm: Election 2017 - WA Decides

ABC
5.30pm-6.00pm: ABC News