Starter Free Media Group

Not feeling too well this week, won’t be any fresh mix on Starter FM nor 89.9. :frowning: Also believe final arrangements are still being sorted for new community license share situation.

3 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Take it easy

1 Like

Get well soon. So you will still be on Starter FM Fridays? 10 am to 12 pm. Just so I can listen in. I wasn’t given you said last week that was the final sign off for 89.9 FM for Starter FM.

1 Like

It sounds like the fresh mix has been on today online after all??! :partying_face: Hope you’re feeling ok @anonymousbroadcaster

@anonymousbroadcaster when does moonlight cafe finish in morning? Hope you feeling better.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks for the sentiments, yeah, everything is fine, no dramas, not really sick, there was just a lot going on, and I needed to take a breather. Found myself working at five things at once, and realised this week that I just wouldn’t have the time to prepare a new show. Kind of an exploding head moment. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

THere is really no hard set time for the moonlight cafe, it kicks in when I turn my home rig off at night, it then remotely shoots through to the starter FM servers, where then the moonlight cafe kicks in. As I live in a studio apartment, the noise and the lights from the set up keep me awake all night, so the moonlight cafe basically starts when I turn equipment off and hit the sack. One day when living in a proper unit, I can have the equipment arranged and setup in a seperate room, and leave it up 24 7.

Some times the moonlight cafe will kick in during the day, when I have to pull everything out in the event of a lightning storm, I do have surge protection, but as this is my only computer at present, don’t want to take any chances.

The library for the moonlight cafe is still growing, as this week adding more tracks, the program should be firmly established by the start of April.

As far as this week gone, they’ve just repeated my Friday 11th March program, which was a count through of my personal top 40 from Sunday 12th March 1989.

4 Likes

Your gotta look after yourself, sometimes a reset a required and take a bit of a step back.

As soon as i checked on to The Fresh Mix today, one of my favourite '80s songs, Girl On The Wall from Jane Clifton. Haven’t heard that for years although I have the 7" single here somewhere (but nothing to play it on!).

2 Likes

Yeah the fresh mix is excellent, but I agree you do need to look after one’s self.

2 Likes

AH, yes, from 1984 the beat, I played this from my digital reconstruction of this comp.

3 Likes

I think the fresh mix has amazing variety its now my go to station to have in the background (if i am not listening to other shows like the Andy Show , Mechie , Billy Bob, Inphase , powerzone etc) My bush internet radio unfortunately, doesn’t seem to like the Fresh Mix streaming links.

Do you still have your chart show from 10 am tomorrow (Friday) @anonymousbroadcaster ?

1 Like

Ditto here, too. Loving some of the 70s disco tracks that get a run.

1 Like

Sorry guys, not in a particularly happy mood this morning, up all night producing a show, and for some reason starter have not put it to air. So anyway, if you wish to tune into my novelty show, I’ll be running it myself at my own stream at thefreshmix.com from 12:00 midday Australian eastern. .

Also, the moonlight cafe overnights is all up and running, and it’s all happening.

2 Likes

Has something changed with the times the aspirants in the Hawkesbury go to air. I was certain that I heard Hawk radio on air after midday yesterday. Isn’t that when Starter normally goes to air?

1 Like

i usually go straight to thefreshmix.com anyway :slight_smile:

Hope your day gets better :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Freshmix seems to be on air now on starter fm. I just tried it. Tucker Daughter was on. March 1989.

1 Like

Oops…guess what will be on my show later (well, it’s now April).

1 Like

Yeah, look, just a feeling equivalent to unexpectedly stepping on a marble, it comes and it will go. I gotta give where credit is due, they generally have been very receptive of me. My problem is my asperger’s and what they call the regularity of feelings. Over the years I’ve come to learn to deal with this concept of autism, but still when a disappointment happens, where for other people it’s a case of just “stepping on a marble” (as an analogy), for an autie it feels like a punch to the gut, it’s just the way the asperger mind is wired. This will pass but when you’re init, it does feel like the “challenger deep”.

You’re right, it’s just the third running of this show. Last week I missed a show, because I nneded some time out, and for this week, it’s a case of an unexpected snafu.

Whoopsie whoopsie. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oops…guess what will be on my show later (well, it’s now April).

Maybe you can make an elaborate April fools joke. Due to the moon or the sun… the calendar changed and we need to set our calendar back one day due to daylight savings… hahah…

You can see why I am not a radio DJ.

1 Like

Yeah sorry @anonymousbroadcaster been sick with COVID the last few days, so I had my first full sleep today unfortunately sleeping past my normal scheduling time. But you guys can catch his awesome show from midday today in a Fresh Mix Double set :grinning:

3 Likes

Wha-hoo, as they used to say at Crazy Clints, a crazy bargain, two for the price of one. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes