Starter Free Media Group

Yep, the stream was down, had to do some major library upgrades, but as of posting this, stream is now up and running. Stream operates from 8:00 am to midnight. Getting it up 24 seven is a work in progress, still looking into some program material for overnights.

Tune in tomorrow, will be counting down the hits from this week in March 1989. This will be on the starterfm.com.au stream

4 Likes

thanks for the update. Yep, listening to it now and looking forward to the 1989 countdown :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tape the show so I donā€™t miss out.

1 Like

Only an idea at present, but looking at a special themed show next week, hoping to have three hours, looking into doing the #1 hit of every year from 1980 to 2020, playing them all in chronological order. Iā€™ll try to put on my Barry Bissell voice, maybe not, but weā€™ll have some fun anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow the 1989 countdown was great, some wsfm hits mixed in with some lost gems, Shazam could not figure out. You should program a commercial station. :slight_smile: If you do get 3 hours let us know.

2 Likes

@anonymousbroadcaster @TheChase I think Freshmix is down again? :worried:

Yep, enjoyed putting it together, this particular countdown meant a lot to me as it was the week my family and I moved out of the house I was born in, at 20, it was the only house I lived, and the first house move in my life was very scary, so remember all these songs with mixed emotions.

AND NOW FOR A BIG UPDATE!!!

As far as the fresh mix, some very exciting changes are happening this week. First things first. As of today (18th March), from 6am this morning, Iā€™ll be doing a big six hour shift at the starter, this will go to air in the Hawkesbury on 89.9, and will stream at thefreshmix.com, but will not be streaming at starterfm.com.au for the first three hours, as Marcus Paul will be covering that site. So from 6am to 9am they will be ā€œTWOā€ seperate streams.

So with this, I CAN GO HELL FOR LEATHER, and it will be six hours of 1983, basically a hand full of Ktels played in their entirety.

And now for the second piece of news, From Friday 25th March, thefreshmix.com will be operating 24 hours, 7 days a week. No more dead air. Finally weā€™ve established a backup stream when our mainstream goes down (station is currenly operating from a basic home computer). So from next week weā€™ll be commencing with the ā€œMoonlight Cafeā€, a mix of easy pop and chilled out smooth jazz. THe fresh mix will migrate to a fully operational broadcast system, and with this will be at last raising the stationā€™s profile for more visability. During the day, it will be the normal fresh mix, and at night it will be the moonlight cafe. :slight_smile: Lots of great stuff to look forward to.

5 Likes

Excellent news. I am glad to see your obvious passion for broadcasting rekindled.

3 Likes

I listened in for about 15 mins, a couple of awesome tracks, great idea doing one year for 6 hours.

Will your streaming link change? I have added to Podcast Addict so I can listen more easily in the car. I want to submit the stream so Audial app has it as a station. Audials ā€“ Recorder Software for Video and Music Streaming Starter FM is listed in Audials.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah, really trying to keep this as a casual hobby, but find what was suppose to be a bit of fun for a few hours a week is turning into a whole days production. At the end of it, Iā€™m always pleased with the show that Iā€™ve produced, but realise I canā€™t keep doing this indefinitely, so Iā€™m focusing my energies away from this, back to the original idea of the fresh mix, just a continual mix of music without any talking. Iā€™m kind of doing two things at present, maintaining a stream, and producing a show for a separate stream.

No, the changes will be happening at the back end, the links will remain the same, eventually I would like to get thefreshmix into iHeart and Tunein as well, just have to deal with this dead air issue first.

Yeah, sort of going out with a bang. 1983 has always been my favourite year in music and in my life, the world was such a happy place to live in back then, but as a kid, one was discovering so much, so 1983 will always be remembered as the year Iā€™m most fondest of. Letā€™s say a rekindling of Hit Radio 11 2UW, oh yeah!!!.

Slight miscommunication, I believe the show has successfully gone to air on the 89.9 transmitter, and the entire show has gone to air on thefreshmix.com, but apparently only the last two hours will go to air at starterfm.com.au. So yeah a little spilt milk, but weā€™ll keep rolling on. :frowning:

1 Like

You might want to listen to my show this afternoon :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep, thanks for the heads up, will be home all day today, so looking forward to tuning in. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best do so just after 4 PM.

2 Likes

I am continuing to listen to The Fresh Mix while I am working from home. Itā€™s a great mix of music and love some of the more eclectic/rare tracks. And the occasional Eurovision track is also appreciated!

3 Likes

Just spun Indeepā€™s ā€œlast night a DJ saved my lifeā€, god geez, that is such a classic, the base line in that is just phenomenal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Direct link to ā€˜The Fresh Mixā€™:

https://streaming.starterfm.com/radio/8060/mix192

Canā€™t seem to get the track data though. I am using VLC Media Player.

3 Likes

With podcast addict I get track info.

Edit: I use the sane URL as @dxnerd .

1 Like

That URL points to the main Starter FM stream, not The Fresh Mix.

3 Likes

yeah sorry my bad @dxnerd , you are right, I use the same as you posted corrected my post.

1 Like

thefreshmix.com has just taken itā€™s first step into 24 hour broadcasting, now testing out a prototype of the ā€œMoonlight Cafeā€.

4 Likes