Stan

I asked Stan the same question and am waiting for a reply.

Romper Stomper series will debut on Stan on New Year’s Day, 2018 with all six episodes releasing at once.

That’s an odd time to release it. Nobody is watching TV then.

No one is watching linear TV then. SVOD services haven’t become popular by following the patterns of waning industries.

It’s probably a smart move to launch then as there’s not much on linear plus it allows word of mouth to build (if it’s good) as people return from holidays.

2 Likes

Well I’ll be very interested to see if that’s true. I just think the start of January is when people are least likely to be indoors watching a screen and It’s the most difficult time to publicise something new starting.

i never go out side in the start of january:) always been to hot heer

People might not be inside at 7:30 but they might be at 10pm and chuck on Stan

1 Like

I think they are, most after having a big night hungover would be keen to just chill and watch a show about white supremacist gangs.

Yes, very relaxing on a hot summer’s day.

Sometimes people may go to the beach and watch a screen under the umbrella.

1 Like

Really? Talk about addicted to a screen. Do they have square eyes?

3 Likes

LOL :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah. Let’s enjoy the beach by doing what we can do in our house or flat. :joy:

2 Likes

I was talking about watching shows on a smartphone :smile:

US comedy series SMILF, starring Frankie Shaw, has been renewed for a second season. It is streaming on Stan.

2 Likes

I think the “why are you watching tv at the beach?” question still applies regardless of the type of screen.

3 Likes

Stan has secured the Australian rights to 3-part PBS/BBC miniseries Little Women, based on the classic novel by Louisa May Alcott, starring Angela Lansbury, Michael Gambon and Emily Watson. The show, which is distributed by Lionsgate internationally excluding US and UK, will premiere on Stan on December 27, the same day as its international release.

1 Like

The girl from Scream Season 1 on Netflix is in it.

Also, cannot seem to find any trailer for this show despite searching.

I can’t :man_facepalming:t2:

Like no one can STANd her?

2 Likes