Stan

CBS and Ten have mentioned the possibility of doing co-productions in the future. Could that be a way of getting Ten the rights to specific programs that would otherwise have gone to Stan, I wonder.

Surely the deal with showtime expires eventually. CBS surely wouldn’t want to resign after the rights lapse.

2 Likes

So no one has a deal with Warners Bros ? That show I linked shouldn’t Ten get it because it is a CW show ?

Then again Life Sentence ended up on 7 of all places…

All depends on who the distributor is really, not necessarily the network it’s aired on.

1 Like

Google is telling me it is distributed by Warner Bros.

1 Like

It’s odd because Stan didn’t get the show The Chi which is a new Showtime show.

No Activity spinoff The Night Before Christmas has received Screen Australia funding.

1 Like

Saw a promo for Heathers last night. The promo said the show had been banned in the US which is incorrect. The Paramount Network in the US dropped the series back in June, but the show is available internationally including Stan. This will encourage piracy as it is possible overseas people will record each episode and post it online, so American viewers can still see the show.

1 Like

Stan has released a teaser for the new Showtime comedy series Black Monday, which centres around the Wall Street crash of 1987.

Starring and executive produced by Don Cheadle it also features Andrew Rannells ( Girls, The New Normal ) and Regina Hall ( Girls Trip ).

The series was created by David Caspe ( Happy Endings ) and Jordan Cahan ( My Best Friend’s Girl ), who will serve as executive producers and showrunners. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg ( Preacher, Superbad ), who will also executive produce, directed the pilot.

The 10 part series will screen in January.

Heathers will air on the Paramount Network after all, but in an edited version with number of episodes reduced from 10 to 9. All episodes will air on a one-week marathon starting October 25.

Yet South Park had a whole episode about school shooting the other day and that was allowed… because it was … animated ?

1 Like

Will this be the last of the Aussie version of No Activity?

Season 4 of Preachers, starring Dominic Cooper and streaming on Stan, to be filmed in Victoria.

1 Like

Stan will be streaming every 007 movie in 4K from Boxing Day. While the movies are now available in Blu-ray they are not in 4K format.