Stan

episode 1 - wow

Was really awkward to watch. I guess that’s the intended effect.

The bit with the artist lady giving her pubes to him was so fucken weird.

And the bit about giving preschoolers guns was just frightening.

1 Like

I watched it while I was doing some stuff this afternoon and thought the whole thing was super weird, I might rewatch to get some context but even then I don’t think it will make much sense.

Does anyone know when the Bond films will be added to Stan? I remember there was an article about Stan singing a deal with MGM…

I thought they’d been and gone.

They have but as part of the new deal Stan gets them again.

I asked on Facebook and they said : " The Bond films will become available on Stan in the lead up to Bond 25, in 2019"

1 Like

UnREAL is officially axed. Such a shame this never took off. It was a very well made satire about the antics of ‘reality’ dating shows. I suspect for some, it may have ruined the fantasy derived from watching dating trash.

1 Like

I don’t think it could go on for more than 4 seasons without becoming repetitive?

1 Like

I always thought that they could possibly have a few of the core characters move onto producing a different type of reality show like Big Brother.

1 Like

Some great ideas on the show. I think that instead of roses, sponsor products could also be handed out in the real Bachelor franchises like packets of Extra chewing gum. “Will you accept this gum?”

1 Like

Brilliant ideas! And yes to more product placement.

Or condoms. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Contraceptives is exactly what I was thinking

I personally loved it. Really confronting but I think it does a great job of getting its point across.

You’re thinking of Love Island. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stan and Cartoon Network are hosting a free screening of Adventure Time’s final season next month.

Any ideas why the Showtime show The Chi isn’t on Stan , could it be because Fox21 is a one of the production companies behind it not just Showtime and Stan doesn’t have a deal with Fox?

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/sacha-baron-cohen-sued-for-us95-million-by-roy-moore-over-defamatory-who-is-america-prank/news-story/91bf4e4479241bfdff0060f4b187e9a9

FAILED US Senate candidate Roy Moore is suing comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for $US95 million ($A132 million) after being pranked on the actor’s TV show.

The lawsuit, for defamation and emotional distress, appears to be the first filed by one of the string of politicians who were duped by Baron Cohen on his show, Who is America?.

Moore was duped into appearing on a segment where Baron Cohen demonstrated a supposed paedophile detecting device that beeped when it came near Moore.

According to reports Roy Moore signed a release, with the fine print apparently allowing for what Sacha Baron Cohen did.