Seven (Southern Cross)

Future plans for 7flix, maybe? Would certainly make more sense to put it on 64 than 66, then there’s no gap in the channel numbers.

Probably getting ahead of myself… :disappointed:

Was the Yes Shop channel a few months ago instead of going on the Nine channels like elsewhere. Doubt we’ll get the 7Flix until the next affiliation agreement is signed, if ever.

1 Like

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:321, topic:360, full:true”]Do we? Mind you, there’s always been some “hints” in the past in the lead up to a refresh with graphics missing or not appearing properly. We’ll see.[/quote]These were the “hints” I was waiting for. Hmmm… maybe a relaunch is coming very soon afterall @WAtvVideos!

2 Likes

Hmmm. Could it just be them trying to replicate the existing look (poorly) on a new HD playout?

1 Like

Noticed there was some issues with SC 7mate most of today with the graphics and watermark not appearing (more than likely to do with the other changes occurring today).

Anyways, here’s a comparison between 7mate in HD and now in SD.

HD:

SD (note the watermark is now misaligned and the PRG graphics are a little different):

3 Likes

Didn’t think it was possible to make the SC 7mate PRG worse. :-1:

No changes to 7mate Central:

2 Likes

Perhaps. Or dare I say… a RELAUNCH is coming! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I still hold hope!

Keen to see how the HD version of the SCTV PRG looks!

1 Like

[quote=“ace666, post:326, topic:360, full:true”]

Try scanning tv i have southern cross hd in tassie from this morning
[/quote]Yep, noticed it appeared around 7am.

[quote=“dfp, post:330, topic:360, full:true”]
Has any real HD content been seen? I’m in temp accommodation with a lovely TCL TV in West Launceston and can’t really tell HD from SD on that. Great to finally see the channel appear in Tasmania though.
[/quote]It’s definitely a much clearer picture from program to program between the two of the channels.

Tonight will be interesting to see with the first AFL game in HD. :+1:

[quote=“Nick, post:331, topic:360, full:true”]

Future plans for 7flix, maybe? Would certainly make more sense to put it on 64 than 66, then there’s no gap in the channel numbers.

Probably getting ahead of myself… :disappointed:
[/quote]Probably. Although from what I was told by SC it’s not happening for a long time due to the current deal in place (may never air into these regions).

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:338, topic:360, full:true”]
[/quote]Yep. Will upload a comparison when I get the chance. :wink:

SCTV Central is watermark-free for tonight’s game.

4 Likes

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:340, topic:360, full:true”]

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:338, topic:360, full:true”]
[/quote]Yep. Will upload a comparison when I get the chance.
[/quote]Sorry, completely forgot to upload these for you! I captured them and had them on my hard drive for the past week. :slightly_smiling_face:

AFL HD/SD comparison:

PRG’s HD/SD:

‘CC’ graphic prior to HD channel:

Current ‘CC’ graphic:

PRG’s with red text on them:

And here’s a few modified PRG’s to the usual (from the SD channel):

5 Likes

Interesting, thanks mate! So they’ve only made some slight changes.

1 Like

The Southern Cross HD channel in Tasmania is 100% upconverted from SD and has been since day 1. They were obviously rushed into getting something up before the first AFL game in the hope that no one would notice.

4 Likes

Yeah i’m not sure I can see any native HD there either has anyone actually seen anything that doesn’t look upconverted?

The PRG’s and the ‘Live’ graphics looks HD.

Are you sure about that? I’m not so certain myself. Just comparing between SD and HD there’s vast differences in quality quite regularly on the HD service to just be an upconvert of SD.

I’m certainly no expert on the matter but to the eye it looks to be quite sharp in detail to be just that.

I live up in Launceston so i’m not sure if its just a problem here or not, but its very much an upconverted picture on all programs. I’ve got Foxtel HD so I can see the big difference between SCTV HD and Fox Footy HD.

2 Likes

In Launceston also - I know what you mean. The broadcast has a bit of a “haze” about it and the scorecard etc seems a bit fuzzy around the edges.
It could be just bandwidth limitations, we will have to wait and see, they might flick the magic clarity switch one day. In the meantime I’ll stick to Fox - no advertising :grinning:

[quote=“gremlin, post:348, topic:360, full:true”]
I live up in Launceston so i’m not sure if its just a problem here or not, but its very much an upconverted picture on all programs. I’ve got Foxtel HD so I can see the big difference between SCTV HD and Fox Footy HD.
[/quote]Interesting. Are you able to take a screen cap for comparison purposes mate?

The caps I posted from March 23rd don’t look as crisp as what I was watching just yesterday so it seems to vary in quality for some reason.

[quote=“Alista, post:349, topic:360, full:true”]

[quote=“gremlin, post:348, topic:360”]
SCTV HD and Fox Footy HD
[/quote]In the meantime I’ll stick to Fox - no advertising :grinning:
[/quote]Exact same reason I mainly watch Fox - no ads. It was great back in the day when SC didn’t insert proper ads between goals and opted for pop-up scrollers instead while remaining with the coverage.