Seven (Southern Cross)

As with a lot of pages on Wikipedia either out of date, innacurate or wrong. From the page:

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œMVP, post:304, topic:360, full:trueā€]
Next for SCTVā€¦ 7Flixā€¦
[/quote]Not likely to happen anytime soon.

This response I received from Southern Cross:

[quote=ā€œEyewitnessTV, post:309, topic:360, full:trueā€]Sevenā€™s original red/green ā€˜7HDā€™ logo a decade ago was very nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[/quote]This logo looked great for their original HD service back in the day:

8 Likes

:joy: oh well! I actually prefer yours WAtv, the ā€œHDā€ is the right size in yours, in the actual logo itā€™s far too large.

1 Like

Comments on Facebook from SC News Tasmaniaā€™s announcement of HD are interesting.

[quote]Can we still get SD?[/quote] :scream:

4 Likes

So if sctvhd will be 60 what channel will 7mate be?

7bogan will no longer be available for Tasmanian viewers once SCHD is launched. :joy:

Umm, did this viewer not pay attention to the bulletin? :unamused:

6 Likes

That must be someone from MediaSpy.

13 Likes

[quote=ā€œlittlegezzybear, post:308, topic:360, full:trueā€]
That it will be in MPEG-4 (no doubt) will have to be explained to the viewers.[/quote]Yes, have been previously informed that it would be in MPEG4.

[quote=ā€œNick, post:313, topic:360, full:trueā€]
:joy: oh well! I actually prefer yours WAtv, the ā€œHDā€ is the right size in yours, in the actual logo itā€™s far too large.[/quote]As do I.

I wasnā€™t going to mention this here, but itā€™s no coincidence that his and the actual logo design are kinda similar. Just so @WAtvVideos knows, I actually sent his original idea as a suggestion to see what would happen. :wink::+1:

[quote=ā€œNQCQTV2, post:314, topic:360, full:trueā€]
Comments on Facebook from SC News Tasmaniaā€™s announcement of HD are interesting.[/quote]OMG. :roll_eyes: These sorts of comments are so irritating to read. Are people that dumb? Some of the stupid questions arenā€™t even worth responding to.

[quote]ummm should I rescan my tv before this date sctv?[/quote]:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

[quote=ā€œNick, post:315, topic:360, full:trueā€]

So if sctvhd will be 60 what channel will 7mate be?

7bogan will no longer be available for Tasmanian viewers once SCHD is launched. :joy:

Umm, did this viewer not pay attention to the bulletin? :unamused:
[/quote]Ask Tony. :wink:

[quote=ā€œlittlegezzybear, post:316, topic:360, full:trueā€]

That must be someone from MediaSpy.
[/quote]Really? Let me be the first to rule myself out then! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

AFL in HD promo:

9 Likes

Unsure as to why yet, but for some reason the Southern Cross 7mate PRG has been quite regularly (from what Iā€™ve seen anyways) appearing of late on SCTV rather than their usual graphics:

2 Likes

We know a presentation refresh is just around the corner. It must be messing with their graphics somehow.

1 Like

Do we? Mind you, thereā€™s always been some ā€œhintsā€ in the past in the lead up to a refresh with graphics missing or not appearing properly. Weā€™ll see. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope there is refresh very soon but Iā€™m not sure if it will be this year. Maybe early next at the earliest?

BTW, everythingā€™s back to normal as of now. :wink:

Well, itā€™s only a day until Southern Cross HD launches now. I wonder when it will come online? Iā€™ve been regularly checking just in case it happened to go live a couple of days earlier than expected. I reckon it may start 12am Thursday.

Something I have noticed over the last day or so is the EPG for the SC channels has been really screwy with the timings way out of whack. Not sure if this is related to anything or notā€¦

The ident style HD graphics shown in the news report use a similar logo animation to the 2017 promo you posted from January. It seems likely to me a new look is on the way but I guess weā€™ll see!

Ah, I see. :slightly_smiling_face:

The logo animation used on both videos was used on their production closer last year as seen the clip below:

1 Like

Haha. I thought that was just my TV. Didnā€™t even think to check it on another.

1 Like

Try scanning tv i have southern cross hd in tassie from this morning

3 Likes

Yep, scanned mine tonight in North West Tassie and 7 channels. 6, 60, 61 as Southern Cross and HD. 62 for 7Two, 63 for 7mate, 64 TBA and 68 Racing.com.

2 Likes

??

Oops, sorry, 61 for Southern Cross, 62 for 7Two, 63 for 7Mate and 64 TBA black screen.

Toddler in bed now, can take more time to type and proofread!

Has any real HD content been seen? Iā€™m in temp accommodation with a lovely TCL TV in West Launceston and canā€™t really tell HD from SD on that. Great to finally see the channel appear in Tasmania though.

1 Like