Seven (Southern Cross)

This could be legit, I’ve found this logo which I reckon will be used if SC Tas becomes Nine. Still keeps that national Nine identity with the local aspect still.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/TNT9.png

3 Likes

It was TNT9’s logo… 30 years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, should have added sarcasm tags to it. It would be interesting though if TNT9 returned back to being the Nine logo.

All they need to do is change “TNT” to “TDT” :grin:

1 Like

I think @ando9185 is joking there! :wink:

Anyway…as much as I’m sure the Nine Network would love to have TNT/Southern Cross as their Tasmanian affiliate, I don’t think that SCA should be in another affiliation switch just for the sake of it.

I know that Southern Cross News rates very well in Tasmania and would probably still rate very well if they did switch network affiliations, but Seven Network programing on Southern Cross is also rather good in the Tasmanian TV ratings. Do they really want to run the risk of TDT(!) becoming the #1 station/network in the state?

1 Like

I always thought it was a lame logo for TNT. They did previously have the proper 9 dots but maybe Packer came down hard on them so the dots became stars?

1 Like

I just thought it was because they wouldn’t have been able to use the proper 9 one and because they would have been pinching programs from all networks/local production. It’s before my time though. Does anybody know what sort of a percentage was actual local North Tas/Tas production back around the 80’s? I know there were game shows and I believe kids school game shows as well which is just hard to believe these days with 99.9% imported content.

Most regional stations were the same, with certain amounts of local programming. Aggregation led to more viewing choice, which was a bonus for viewers, but it came at the expense of local production.

6 Likes

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:231, topic:360, full:true”]SCA don’t seem that concerned about heritage radio station names dumping Heart. Running separate SCTV brands in Tas, SA and NT will I think not continue long term based on SCAs actions on their other properties.
[/quote]And since the decision to drop the HeartFM brand I’ve read quite a lot of negative comments all having one thing in common - the loss of its local identity.

[quote=“TV-ACT, post:232, topic:360, full:true”]
How long ago did they last rebrand (to SC) and how did it go (was there a backlash)?
I’d think the concern would be to not lose the association in viewers’ minds between the channel and the news service, so perhaps transition gently (like Nine | NBN), perhaps using a co-branded logo, something like this:[/quote]Locally, the SC brand has been around since the late 80s after TNT-9 was sold by ENT Ltd. (If I’m not mistaken on this) - firstly under Southern Cross Network then a few years later to Southern Cross Television.

It was way before my time so I’m not entirely sure of the reception they received to be honest. Things I’ve read in the past suggest it was neither positive or negative. But I remember when they changed the logos (from the original square constellation to the tiger and then to the current star) there was quite a bit talk about it, and from what I remember the general opinion wasn’t a positive one on either occasions.

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:233, topic:360, full:true”]
I’ve always supported the idea of co-branding with Seven. It feels like the current independent branding is just a remnant of their dual Seven/Ten affiliation days. Who knows what direction they’ll go in when they launch 7HD in the coming months.[/quote]I don’t mind either way to be honest. If they were to eventually come under the Seven brand then co-branding would be the sensible thing to do. I think the SC brand would still remain prominent however.

This PRG mock you made would look nice (there would more of an overall SC look to it though).

And this one credit to @SydneyOnAirTV.

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:233, topic:360, full:true”]
@EyewitnessTV Does Racing.com via SCTV still show 7 promos and Plus 7 marketing?
[/quote]I rarely watch it but from my limited viewing I’ve seen it’s a mixture of both Seven and SC promos.

[quote=“ando9185, post:238, topic:360, full:true”]
I can see a move to 7 branding for Tasmania as being an easy adoption as the logo is certainly seen plenty of times around in Tas and we already have 7Two, 7mate rather than Southern Cross Two. I just can’t see the trigger being pulled for a while, no reason why, I just can’t see it happening. If they did however I would think the news would need to change to 7 News straight away but keep the existing set and keep everything still the same as much as possible for a while to make sure people realise it’s still all the same but just a different logo and let’s face it, the set has done well for so long anyway! Does anybody know when the next affiliation agreement is due?[/quote]Exactly. I can’t see any major rebranding happening for quite a while yet either (unless something major were to go down with Seven). If it ain’t broke, much like their news set. No point in rebranding just for the sake of it IMO.

[quote=“TelevisionAU, post:255, topic:360, full:true”]I always thought it was a lame logo for TNT. They did previously have the proper 9 dots but maybe Packer came down hard on them so the dots became stars?[/quote]It was a shocking logo. What were the stars supposed to represent anyway?

It was part of their ‘galaxy of stars’ promotion.

I think it’s more likely that we will see a new set when they move out of Watchorn Street first. I think any branding change to Seven will be further down the track and would happen at the same as rebranding in Darwin, Central and SA.

1 Like

I couod be wrong, but as far as i’m aware SCA run with full 7 branding in Darwin for all promos, etc. already

I thought Darwin was still Southern Cross Television

Not according to their web site http://www.sctvdarwin.com.au

But then again… The Rio Olympics are coming soon to August 2016

5 Likes

And they still use the Southern Cross Ten name and brand for their Northern NSW station. Darwin could be 7 for all we know as there aren’t any Spies living there as far as I can tell. But I doubt it as all their other SCTV’s still carry the star.

The Darwin Seven channel is still Southern Cross going by their Facebook page, though some promos are pure Seven, it appears, as they are in Tasmania.

It’s already been noted on MS that SC Ten Nth NSW changed to Ten at the same time SC Ten in Sth NSW, Vic and Qld changed to Nine.

Maybe they’re running a dual SC/7 setup in Darwin, like Tasmania?

I haven’t been in Darwin for a few years, but I knew someone who went their not too long ago that said that they were using 7 branding for everything.
Wish we had someone on here who lived there to confirm!

SC Ten still has the old branding and name on their website http://www.southerncrossten.com.au

1 Like

Website only. And we all know sca is useless and online and social

On air (where 99% of consumers see the brand) it’s simply ten

3 Likes

Yeah & lets face it, back when it was SC Ten, on air it was practically Ten anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes