Seven (Southern Cross)

I doubt any viewers would notice

1 Like

Fine on all my TV’s from multiple transmission sites. Didn’t know they were out but I went to work early this morning and also don’t watch much Ten!

TDT (and its multichannels) were out for around 14 hours but were on-air again by around 3pm yesterday. No idea of the cause of the outage.

Spot on Ryan!, I had no idea myself. Watch that station about once a week I reckon.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten

UPDATE Summary of what is happening in terms of Regional TV for WIN and Southern Cross from July 1:

Southern Cross will broadcast NINE (including 9GO and 9GEM and later 9HD and 9life) into its ALL of its already existing markets EXCEPT Northern NSW (Nine broadcast their as 9NBN) and Tasmania (WIN maintain).

Southern Cross will continue to broadcast Seven (including 7TWO and 7Mate) into:

• Tasmania
  • Regional SA (Spencer Gulf/Broken Hill)

Southern Cross will Continue to broadcast Ten (plus 11 and ONE) into the following areas:

• Tasmania (will continue as a joint venture with WIN)
  • Regional SA (SPencer Gulf/Broken Hill)
  • Northern NSW

WIN have won the rights to broadcast TEN (plus ONE and 11) into ALL of its current 26 broadcast (this includes Tasmania joint venture) markets (including Regional SA (Mt Gambier/Riverland where it broadcasts all 3 and Regional WA where it has a joint venture arrangement with Prime7)

WIN will continue to broadcast Nine (Plus 9life, 9GEM and 9GO) into:

• Tasmania
  • Regional SA (Mt Gambier/Riverland)
  • Regional WA
1 Like

Will 9HD and 9Life come soon ? We only just get them only to lose them again … i know SC is slow to roll out HD eg One HD .

Of course.
WIN HD is currently MPEG4.

WIN HD will likely continue, broadcasting TEN content.

2 Likes

I can’t see SC being in a hurry to roll out HD though.

1 Like

My reply was to your original question before you edited it where you asked whether the new TEN HD (via WIN) would be in MPEG-4.

My reply had nothing to do with SC’s rolling out of HD

Actually I didn’t edit it out. I tried to post a new post but for some reason it ended up changing my existing post !

Not sure why that happened. It was intended to be a new post.

I know there are lots of grey areas, but what’s the likely story on the above conflict. (Is it a conflict?)

1 Like

How long will we be without 9Life and HD for? 3 months like WIN took to get HD up and running? 6 months like One HD?

How long is a piece of string?

9now.com.au has you covered.

7 Likes

I’d have thought closer to the 3 months than 6. The deal was inked 2 months before the changeover so that gives them a head start, plus they’d have potentially been preparing for additional playout capacity already since Ten HD launched (just because no plans to launch Ten HD were announced doens’t mean it wasn’t being planned - they potentially even didn’t announce plans for Ten HD because they were hoping for a Nine affiliation).

They’ve got enough time that it’s not impossible that 9HD and 9Life will be ready for the changeover date - I think it’s more likely that there’ll be a bit of down time, but I wouldn’t expect it to be too long.

2 Likes

They’re hoping to have it done within 3 months. You won’t be waiting too long.

Within 3 months of the affiliation deal signing (leading to a late July launch) or 3 months after launch (leading to an October launch)

it’s being worked on furiously at the moment from what I’ve been told - so expect it before the football finals.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Nine will be pushing SC to have Nine in HD in all SC areas asap for football etc.