Seven (Southern Cross)

I personally think all the shopping channels should be banned and removed. All of them are such a waste of valuable space. But that will never happen in a million years, of course.

5 Likes

unless they go bankrupted :wink:

3 Likes

Bandwidth would be the ultimate factor in what/how many shopping channels SCA will broadcast once they get the full suite of Nine channels online. We don’t get GOLD in regional WA for that very reason, or iShop TV when 4ME was in existence.

Hopefully they decide that there’s not enough bandwidth left to broadcast them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

One can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten

Seven has sent a letter to Southern Cross that demands that SCA pay Seven affiliate fees for Tasmania equal to what SCA will be paying Nine in the east coast states ie. 50%.

$ http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/seven-threatens-to-sue-southern-cross-over-fee/news-story/3f31f9f4564b4e2ddb91c823fe4c5c31

5 Likes

This all based on a clause known as a “most favoured nations” agreement, which essentially requires Southern Cross to match what it is paying Nine.

Will be interesting of what comes of this as SC will apparently reject the claim disputing Seven’s interpretation and application of the contract.

1 Like

That’s what the article said.

1 Like

Tim Hatfield (Anchor of Southern Cross News SA) has over the last couple of weeks been doing “LIVE” Facebook updates (using Facebook live stream). This has seen him taking viewers around the Southern Cross Television Centre and giving a backstage tour. Today was the playout centre responsible for the playout of all Southern Cross owned and managed channels. Well worth checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/SCNewsSA/

2 Likes

Southern Cross (GTS/BKN) is tonight running a webathon/telethon for its give me 5 for kids campaign. Tim Hatfield is hosting. running updates during ad breaks of Thursday Night Footy.

They hardly did much branding didn’t they? It’s only really the SC7 stations that have full SC branding but even those are getting more and more 7’s slipped in but I reckon they’re from the network feed. I wonder if that will ever change too and they become a 7 since they’re ditching their own branding for everywhere else with 9 and 10. Saves them a bit of money that way.

Really, apart from the odd logo slipping through Southern Cross Ten really took all Ten branding with not much SC at all. That is because before SC bought the Ten stations in QLD, NNSW, SNSW and VIC they were all just “Ten” so in effect they kept it that way

I think the difference is in Tasmania and regional SA the DC brand actually has value. One of the reasons SC is so dominant in Tasmania is the Local
Brand ties and heritage

I certainly see it eventually going away to become just "7"
But not just yet

2 Likes

Outside of the mandated “2 Minute Chicken Noodle” Local News Updates, Community Service Announcements and the very occasional Lineup or Ident, Southern Cross Ten in Northern NSW (and probably all markets) was/is basically branded as Channel Ten for most intents and purposes from what I’ve seen.

I agree that sooner or later, the Seven-affiliated Southern Cross stations will most likely just take Seven Network branding despite the fact that Southern Cross is actually a strong network-independent TV brand in markets like Tasmania.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten

New CSA graphic

3 Likes

Olympics sponsor board

4 Likes

Odd question, but does anyone know which 7 News bulletin SCA is airing on their Darwin station?

When I last visited Darwin 4 years ago, SCTV were airing 7 News Melbourne on 30 minute (winter) or 90 minute (summer) delay.

But i’ve noticed during the Olympics that their TV guide is only showing a 30 minute bulletin.
Is it possible they’re showing 7 News Adelaide at the moment? Or would they be airing a cut down Melbourne bulletin?

Whats the link for the SCTV tas livestream that was on some tv stream website??

SCTV Darwin has two local weekly productions, it seems, The Scoop (3:00 mins) and Around Palmerston (2:00 mins). They are ok, even though they are advertorials. A pity that SCA can’t expand that out and put together a weekly Weekender type program.

SCTV post the episodes of The Scoop and Around Palmerston on their Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/SouthernCrossTelevisionNT/