Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Is it worth it though?

Throw in Darwin. Both AFL dominant capital cities. Could be.

1 Like

Personally speaking, yeah I think it is… It’s better than them fluffing around with there news and channel brand. If the affiliation agreement was to end in the future with SCA and Seven, SCA might decide to go to Nine which will then take over the news probably meaning Jo and the team going to Nine which is a major loss to 7.

From what i’ve seen on social media people seem to want this… of course I don’t speak for the whole of Tasmania though nor do I live there, but that was just an observation.

Well, affiliating all SCA-owned Seven affiliates to Nine would be a drastic bloodshed to Tasmanian broadcasting. Why? I believe that the Tasmanian studios would be reduced to just sales offices and newsrooms. News content wise, if Nine has on TNT’s way, say goodbye to one Jo, and say hello to another Jo distances away from Tassie. And, it would also mean loss of Tasmanian jobs. On Regional SA’s side, it would mean transmission of the news would no longer be from Canberra, but it’s gonna be the same case as Tassie with SA’s news might be coming out from Adelaide’s NWS studio (which I don’t know how will it fit for a proposed Nine News Regional there).

If Seven isn’t allowing them to rename it to 7 News Tasmania, they should just retain the Southern Cross News name and be done with it.

13 Likes

Those posting have been a bit a bit harsh. I’ve been following the thread for the past few months, he hasn’t been promising a re brand every other month like what we’ve seen on MS elsewhere. Judge on track record and the value against other contributions made here.

4 Likes

I think we’re all getting a little southern CROSS just a bit.

also, southern angry news probably needs to happen as some sort of skit, but I wouldn’t know for what.

1 Like

Ali Drower filling in on Southern Cross News SA.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that Southern Cross Tasmania plays a nice tune of the mission in their weather coming up section. (It starts when you play the video.

2 Likes

I do notice that variation since the relaunch day bulletin was uploaded here.

2 Likes

Welcome to Southern Cross news, oh I think the sport presenter is in the opening shot oops

16 Likes

So I noticed with Southern Cross News’ story supers, they’re finally writing the bottom line in all caps - as intended. Before, they’d have the top line only in all caps, with the bottom line (Reporting, talent title etc.) in sentence case. It’s a small thing but it always used to bug me. :joy:

4 Likes

It looks like they got rid of the black gradient behind the super as well.

4 Likes

A new promo for Tasmania:

13 Likes

Great promo, awful VO. Love the heritage angle Southern Cross is playing with lately - something few other stations do.

Surprised they haven’t made more of being seven days a week with local news.

1 Like

Something like: “Produced IN Tasmania, FOR Tasmania. Seven days a week. Southern Cross News, Tasmania’s Number 1.”

(Though I picture the Nine VO guy when I think of this :joy:)

4 Likes

That VO’s the same guy who VO’d Mark Ferguson’s “Reliable, Relentless, Trusted” promo for Seven News Sydney.

Awesome promo, meh voiceover, aweful font.

Yeah, I definitely have not been a fan of the font with these ads.

I think “We haven’t missed a day for over half a century” is quite a burn.

6 Likes