Seven & Ten News (SCA)

100,000 out of 130,000 were watching Southern Cross News?!?

An 80% share does not necessarily mean 80% of all people. It could be 80% of people watching TV at that particular time. There might have only been 40,000 watching TV at that time of night. 80% of that is 32,000.

1 Like

Like I said it was an %estimation with one of the assumptions being all viewers would be watching in prime time. I was just giving an example of how we would work it out and use on getting advertisers.

Does that include GTS/BKN viewers in Ceduna?

No Ceduna was not part of GTS/BKN area. This was purely an estimation based on census data of number of people living in broadcast area. Ceduna was part of the Central Television satellite area.

Oh ok. It’s just that I remember you guaranteeing me Ceduna was part of GTS/BKN a year or so ago, because you had a mate there to confirm they watch Tim every weeknight.

They could access channel via satellite.

Which channel is that?

Good question. Can’t remember it’s been a while.

The VAST satellite service has a dedicated channel that airs regional news from Southern Cross, WIN, Prime7 and others.

Ratings boxes or ratings diaries? Regional South Australia did have official television ratings but the introduction of Regional TAM ended that at some point.

Rick Fontyn was filling in for Rachel Williams on the TNT news over the last 2 Weekends and I see he was reading the Sport Last Night for Tom Cooper.

SCA employees were given boxes? Not a conflict of interest at all.

7 Likes

The past two weekends have had Rick reading and Britt on the weather who isn’t the usual weekend one.

That’s a deeply flawed assumption though. Any attempt to make advertisers believe that is severely misleading and illegal.

5 Likes

Oh Hai Tim.

2 Likes

The YouTube views, Twitter views and likes, and Facebook likes are ok for what it is, a bulletin with local appeal. Millions, really?

1 Like

Population of SA was 1.677 million in 2013 so i’d say that everyone there knows him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes reach of milions. Remeber social media is seen across world not just in SA. Reach is deetermined through sharing and liking of posts that then go visible to others through news feeds.

millions of people around the world are hanging out for the latest from Port Pirie :neutral_face:

9 Likes

Reach is an almost useless metric.

Theoretically, a television program on free-to-air television has a reach of maybe 24 million - doesn’t mean that many people are watching (in fact, most aren’t). So while it may be in their Facebook timeline or their EPG, it doesn’t automatically mean that you have that pair of eyes on your content.

2 Likes