Seven & Ten News (SCA)

My workout playlist is just that theme for one hour, followed by “I’m Fraser Goldsworthy, good night”

7 Likes

You have fun in your lycra. Mention of the word ‘workout’ reminds me of Olivia’s song.

So we can keep following this thread for news produced by SCA on SCA TV licences, should this thread be re-named? Otherwise the observations/comments will be lost in the metro 7 news thread.

When/if the rebrand happens, I’d imagine that this thread will remain open and be changed to something like “Seven News (SCA)” although I think it’d be best to keep it as “Southern Cross News” for the time being.

1 Like

This thread will be renamed when the rebrand occurs (per the Southern Cross TV thread). We won’t be starting a new thread.

5 Likes

This thread will naturally be renamed, as was the case for Prime7/GWN7 Local News. It will likely be Seven News (Southern Cross) in line with the RQLD thread and the Seven (Southern Cross) thread. Don’t worry, nothing will get lost.

2 Likes

The Tasmanian FB page is getting somewhat spammed by posts (probably from some Media Spy Members) who keep carrying on about when the change to 7 will occur… there is also other posts too regarding this issue. Change will happen soon…

11 Likes

Wow, that’s a next level 7 fan right there.

8 Likes

Who’s chances of getting a job there are next to zero now…

These posts seem to be coming from locals, some from interstate residents, the latter probably MediaSpy members.

However, I can’t find any name that matches the usernames of members here.

Yeah, I’d thought about asking last week but then saw others already had. It certainly seemed to cheese a few people off! One person on one of the posts angry because 7flix hadn’t arrived as promised… It had never been promised but some Hobart page had said it would be coming.

2 Likes

What’s not to say they’re ALL MediaSpy members making those posts. :wink:

4 Likes

That I can understand. But to rage over nothing more than a rebrand which makes no difference to the actual service is something else!

1 Like

Yep! I was quite surprised. It was fairly clear that something had obviously gone on since the initial post at the beginning of June and the removal towards the end of the month with SC News still showing. Now, I’m sure it will change but as to when, who knows. Does it change anything? Not at all.

2 Likes

Caps and montages from two bulletins last week:

4 Likes

I doubt this would be the main issue, but could there be a problem with changing the tiny scrolling “Southern Cross News” wordmarks on everything? There’s the backdrop, the (unnecessary) line of text at the bottom of live cross handovers, the logo on the title card (and V/O). Hopefully those live cross transitions will be thrown in the bin, elements aren’t aligned as they pivot.

That’s just a matter of changing some positions in the CAD software and re rendering it.

1 Like

Is there any mention of SC outside the news bulletins?

So they’ve rebranded the channel as 7 Tasmania, but not the news service?

As one of the few people who like having the idea of NBN News on 9 Newcastle/Northern NSW, I’m all in favour of this dual branding :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t say I’m too bothered by it either. All the other shows have different names, so why not the news.

Media release on name change - looks like no change to 7 news tasmania, Seven must not have liked this

9 Likes