Seven & Ten News (SCA)

No southern cross logo on news. Maybe the start of the changeover?

They never had a watermark on the news anyway

1 Like

‘Tasmania’ has a few more characters than ‘Sydney’ it’s standard design

It also differs in size from ‘Brisbane’, which also has 8 characters like Tasmania. The Tasmania profile picture is the only profile picture that differs in size and upload dimensions from the other capital cities.

That’s been there since the change to the dirty feed a couple of weeks ago, it’s for the Melbourne 7 News.

Southern Cross was as per normal, as expected tonight. If they were going to relaunch it would have been on the 1st as was originally announced and if they really had to get Jo in I’m sure they would have rostered it that way.

1 Like

So much for becoming 7 News Tasmania :roll_eyes:

We don’t need another NBN News scenario. God knows how long it’ll be known as Southern Cross News on Channel Seven.

1 Like

Looking forward to another countdown. Very entertaining yesterday.

Do SCA save any money by taking a dirty feed, or is it just logistically easier than inserting their own PRGs/supers etc? Previously someone obviously had to type these out and schedule them, or fire them live, so with that particular task now being unnecessary it could be a step towards requiring less staff at the broadcast centre.

It looks so unprofessional though with flashes of metro pres/ads and supers that aren’t relevant to the SCA markets. Plus if there are any variations in the schedule the PRGs/supers will be wrong. They could at least arrange a clean feed for The Chase Australia or any other programs soiled by metro-specific graphics.

Typical SCA laziness would be my guess, just like how the Nine-affiliated stations run irrelevant In-Program Promotional Graphics for metropolitan news services and others which promote capital city radio stations, etc.

1 Like

At least they’re usually for the same state! This is an entirely different state.

2 Likes

You guys will probably have to wait until next week for any potential name change :slightly_smiling_face:

There you have it folks! It will happen eventually. (seen on Southern Cross News on the 1st July Bulletin)

5 Likes

Thak yew Steven The Potato.

16 Likes

I just want to ask am I the only person here who just can’t get enough of this theme music?

4 Likes

Mouths and mouths of waeting

7 Likes

I can even feel their sigh when they use the word “eventually”. Sounds like exasperation! Hopefully only a foo weaks n nt 2 meny mouths.

4 Likes

Rejoice, MYFRIENDS…

6 Likes

Would’ve been good if Charles had remained in TV instead of selling.

Out of the 600+ comments I’ve read, this needs pulling up. The set was dated, that’s all. Simplistic criticism to include every other facet of their news production into that.

Unlike NBN or SC TAS, none of the local news hubs from 9 for SCA operate on the weekend. Therefore the Qld hub would be doing just the Darwin bulletin on weekends. With today’s beancounter dominated business structures, it wouldn’t seem viable. If the QTQ readers pre recorded Darwin leads, it may appeal to them. Then it’s more time away from the QTQ bulletin.

Again, SCA has staff who don’t understand the business. Rick has obviously been looking at his retirement ideas for some time to let this slip through by those under him. Loxton and Mt Gambier may have had costs cut and on air been amalgamated by WIN but they are separate markets. Loxton began as RTS and Mt Gambier SES. There’s hours of driving through sparsely settled country and a long stretch of crown land/national park. There is no community of interest between the regions beyond both being in the same state. Not the one market.

More a line of the TV history section, this was once the schedule for GTS? As a pre news program?

GTS suffered its own Darwin moment when local news production was shifted to Canberra for presentation. Previously an older gentleman was the news director and two journos were based in Port Pirie, one being CoS. They also rightfully put the news to air from within their own market. SCB or SCA made excuses at the time of digital upgrades to justify moving and when pushed went with the better than axing altogether line.

Poor Steven the potato, great evidence of the quality education given to Tasmanians. One day Centrelink will offer him a job typing onto their graphics.

From what I’ve read of all your wonderful contributions, the new set didn’t happen on the night that was originally scheduled. Many broadcast and non broadcast projects don’t begin on their originally forecast date, many stations were delayed for much longer to get on air to begin with and this continues in modern times.

3 Likes

Obviously I didn’t mean every facet. But the set wasn’t the only thing. They moved from SD to HD, and the entire infrastructure was brought into the 21st century.
I wouldn’t have said such a comment if it was only a set

2 Likes