Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Everything in Tasmania has all reverted back to SC News and in the guides. There may be some relaunch at 6 though but it’s a bit weird considering what had been posted last month.

EDIT: and just as I posted there was an Always on Southern Cross promo and a SC sponsor billboard too.

3 Likes

What about printed guides? Online sites might not be easily able to split the branding for a channel, easier to keep it as the same thing then adjust it when the rebrand happens. Look at TheFix TV guide, yesterday is branded as Seven likely due to this reason.

Sidenote, on the Freeview guide, if you open the image used for SC Tasmania, the logo isn’t the generic SCTV logo but the GTS/BKN version. The TDT logo is still hanging around too.

Haven’t seen any printed guides other than TV Week from last week which had the change to Seven. Hadn’t noticed TheFix TV Guide change to Seven, must have happened today as it wasn’t like that yesterday.

What do you define as “everything”?

Sorry just the news stuff, It’s all Southern Cross News promos and many different types, even the ones they had after the relaunch seem to be back in high rotation and all the guides which had changed to Seven News are back to Southern Cross News. There’s been no mention at all of the change after the initial post last month so I’m guessing there will be no 7 News Tasmania for a while.

2 Likes

Really hope it’s just their way of going out with a bang.

1 Like

Have to make a correction to my earlier post about seeing the Always on SC thing this afternoon… I didn’t realise my wife was watching a recording! Sorry for the incorrect observation there.

Have been watching this afternoon during the football and can’t recall seeing anything Southern Cross related other than the news promos. All other ads have been Seven.

1 Like

Have there been any News Updates on? Those (rather than pre-produced promos) would probably be a better indication of whether or not any rebrand is happening tonight.

1 Like

Yep, there was one earlier which was all SC News.

1 Like

Southern Cross and Seven are still not yet settled on branding guidelines. Lots have happened in media around the world at the start of this month, and the SC news service might not ride the trend for now.

You would think that at least in Tasmania they’d be running “A Change Is Coming” ads to reassure viewers that nothing beyond the logo is changing. Even a mention at the end of the news in the week leading up to the change would’ve covered it.

1 Like

Well, 6 PM on July the 1st and Southern Cross News Tasmania is on. No mention of 7 News.
Video coming soon.

2 Likes

Not good. Their lack of communication about it is pretty sad.

1 Like

I recorded that off of 7 Hobart tonight.

I’m recording 7HD now, and will stay recording in case they mention anything, so I can upload it

5 Likes

It’s the new NBN News.

Queue the screeching from Mediaspy members

10 Likes

Apart from us here, I doubt people would even remember. There was only the one Facebook post (which also went to Twitter) about 3 and a half weeks ago. That was the only mention. Something has obviously happened or changed, it was mentioned somewhere on the forums about branding guidelines not being finalised which is entirely plausible and would also explain why the sponsored event one with the 7 logo also changed.
Had the change been going ahead, there would have been a lot more mentioned and in the lead up to it on Facebook and on the lead up bulletin(s).

4 Likes

No mention at the end of the bulletin of anything, even the change to 7 Tasmania. screech

Unfortunate :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe someone just assumed June had 31 days? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes