Seven & Ten News (SCA)

The new look of SCTV news is very very nice, with genuine HD on local graphics and studio. I don’t think any Seven content is HD however looking at this graphic to me looks SD. Still a major change from the old which was analogue mixed.

1 Like

Comparing the seven sourced graphics to studio graphics.

3 Likes

Still a little bit surprised that Jo didn’t mention the new set at the beginning of the bulletin.

Good evening everyone and welcome to the new-look Southern Cross News coming to you from our brand new studio. We’re glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Not sure what time zone Southern Cross Tasmania’s new Studios is currently situated in… :thinking: :clock3:

5 Likes

Well they have just time travelled to the future. Must have misdialed the date on the time machine

6 Likes

Also, the globe background didn’t rotate tonight, the globe pictured is the exact same one that is behind the sports presenter in national news from Sydney.

4 Likes

The first thing that should’ve gone in the bin was the horrible News part of that logo, if you simply recoloured each section it could easily be a kids tv show.

1 Like

Was hoping to record one of the repeats tonight but they’re suffering with almost the same issues from last night. Coming up segments without music, delayed switching to and from live crosses, etc. I’m sure they’ll have everything ironed out soon.

2 Likes

I didn’t think things were too bad last night from what I saw, much smoother than the night before but I didn’t watch much as I had to get to work.

Only a couple of delayed switching events to note otherwise it was fine. The music was quiet going to the breaks but certainly there.

Does anybody know what’s happening with the old set?
They should sell it off to a museum as It’s a huge part of Tasmania’s television history.

3 Likes

There were a few more glitches than that but yeah overall it flowed better. Just surprising to see similarities to their first night.

1 Like

Contact David Walsh and ask if he wants it for MONA.

3 Likes

Southern Cross should do that!

It could be the second most famous wall at MONA, to go with their map of Tasmania wall, the map of the world wall.

Better :wink:

3 Likes

Globe spun tonight :smiley::earth_asia:

3 Likes

Yep, globe was back to spinning. Not too bad but the finance graphics didn’t show and in their place were a couple of the weather graphics and right at the beginning Jo’s head was chopped off at the top a bit. Definitely getting back into the swing of things. Murph did a joke at the end which he hasn’t had time to do the last couple of nights.

3 Likes

Hah, just saw his joke. It was about the globe spinning tonight. :joy:

6 Likes

Meanwhile in South Australia:

5 Likes